Home Screen Organization

Chuggy

Chuggy

I've searched around in the forum and found that organizing the android tv home screen is not currently available. I'm wondering if it's on the list? I can organize the home screen in my iPhone app, and really like the ability to remove "continue watching" and "next up", both just add confusion for my wife and kids.

Any chance this will be in a future release? Considering it exists in other apps I would think it's possible.

Edited by Chuggy

More than likely yes.

But I would really like to hear why "Next Up" is confusing.  Do they just not watch any TV?

Chuggy

My kids have little interest in watching a show in any sequence. We've basically been stockpiling episodes of Sesame Street, wallykazam, Blaze, and Paw Patrol (all recorded with Emby DVR). Our son picks out an episode that simply looks good that day. He likes to go to the show screen, decide on a show, then pick an episode that doesn't have a check mark.

Not a big deal for most, but it's the little things right?

On another note, organization of the home screen can help put Live TV in a more fire front position (or the opposite depending on your needs).

Okay, thanks - I understand the kid thing.  We've talked about a simplified "Kid's Mode" interface which would help with that.

On another note, organization of the home screen can help put Live TV in a more fire front position (or the opposite depending on your needs).

Try sorting your Live TV library to the top of your libraries in the server user settings...

Chuggy

Okay, thanks - I understand the kid thing. We've talked about a simplified "Kid's Mode" interface which would help with that.

Try sorting your Live TV library to the top of your libraries in the server user settings...

Chuggy

Hmm. I'm not seeing that option in the server settings. I'm on my phone though, I'll take a look when I get home.

Click your user icon and then in your display settings you can change the order of the libraries.