Emby Metadata - Support TV sub folder tagging

shivalwolf

shivalwolf

With my TV shows I have several shows under the same title set as a folder eg. StarTrek and StarGate.

In each of these folders is the individual series eg. Startrek Voyager, Startrek TNG

When using the TV index type and its identified the parent folder is tagged as Startrek (original series in my case) and the subfolders show up as season 1/season 2/ season 3.

What would be nice is if there was a way to tag the parent folder as just a folder and give it an image and then identify the actual subfolder as the series in question.

SO when you go to the main folder it shows the sub folders as the series they belong to with appropriate metadata and then the sub folders of that are identified as the real series and in those are the season 01/ season 02 indexes.

Having the identify at the subfolder layer as well as the parent layer might make this work but i do not know how the parent layer treats folders when identified.

Edited by shivalwolf

Ouch, sorry, I deleted the other one by mistake. Do you still have your description handy?

shivalwolf

Ouch, sorry, I deleted the other one by mistake. Do you still have your description handy?

No worries i returned the content back from memory hopefully its not a duplicate anyway but i couldn't find a way to do what im after if its even possible

Edited by shivalwolf