Pin to Taskbar No Longer Works

shsharpe

shsharpe

Recently pin to taskbar stopped working in Windows. 

Before when trying to pin it pined Emby Theater like expected but recently when trying to pin it will just pin Electron which results in it launching an Electron window, not Emby Theater.

Edited by shsharpe

Hi, this is a known issue for now that we'll resolve in a coming update. thanks for the report.

Sammy

Mine is pinned. Is this because I already had it pinned? I do see that when loaded another icon shows on the far right of the taskbar. Is this related?

Mine is pinned. Is this because I already had it pinned? I do see that when loaded another icon shows on the far right of the taskbar. Is this related?

It sounds like you aren't having a problem so I wouldn't worry about it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
GhostRider

Hi,

What version of Emby Theater are you uisng? I do not see this with version 2.9.6

Edited by GhostRider

• 3 months later...

It's unlikely to change right now due to some of the components used in the app.

If you use the windows store version it won't have this issue, although the video player is not quite as good. Thanks.

Guest asrequested

You can pin it, if you use the exe in the program folder. That's what I do. But the problem with that is when you launch, another icon pops up on the taskbar (that's electron with the Emby icon). When you close the app, it goes away, of course.

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Three years later and this is still an issue. You said a couple of years ago this was a known issue and you were going to fix this. Why isnt something as simple as this fixed? I find this to be completely unacceptable. I left Plex and even got a refund on my lifetime pass. I was gonna buy a lifetime pass from you guys but if you cant even fix simple things like this it doesnt instill any confidence that I should give you the hundred dollars. When is this going to be fixed? At this point we deserve an ETA? Period!