Problem With Greek Subs!

alexathinaioa

alexathinaioa

Hello community,

I've installed emby server on ubuntu 16.04 without any problems, i followed all the steps I've mounted a network disk (Nas) (at about 4k movies) for libary, everything went with no problems.
But on playback i face a problem with greek subtitles. My setup on every movie is (Movie Folder - Movie Name.mkv-mp4-avi - Movie Name.srt [Folder and files inside that folder]). I used before plex server and with that setup  I never had any issue with the subtitles. Now on emby when I'm trying to watch any movie the subtitles shown only with the symbol " ? ". I then tried to convert the srt file to utf-8 it played fine, i also insert the " gre " (Country) on subtitle name ex. Mavie Name.gre.srt, it played fine, but this cannot be happen on 4.000 movies library i Have. Is there any solution for emby server supporting the Greek Subtitles? I will attached some photos from android player to see. Also when i try to edit the subs from movie page inside the emby app it shows the correct subtitle but it recognice like und. I don't want to enable the subtitles donwload manager as many subtitles out there are out of sync with the movies i have.

Thank you in advance!!!

Alex.

post-216716-0-89248100-1496739442_thumb.png

post-216716-0-03010800-1496739514_thumb.png

post-216716-0-01055700-1496739522_thumb.png

post-216716-0-32879100-1496739577_thumb.png

Edited by alexathinaioa

psxlover

What version of Emby are you using? I'm also having an issue with greek subtitles on the latest versions (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/45836-broken-subtitles-on-dlna-since-323/)

If you can try version 3.2.1 or older and post if they work.

Sorry this is a different issue. Your subtitles should definitely should be named properly, else how will it know what language it is? I've not used the Android app, but is there a way to choose the default character code page? 

Edited by psxlover

alexathinaioa

Hello psxlover, I'm using the very latest version 3.2.19.0. According to the wiki ( https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Subtitles ) it can support the format I use now ( Movie Name.mkv, Movie Name.srt ), emby is loading the srt file with the movie but it doesn't support the language or the encondig the subs have. And there no option to convert or rename all the .srt files as i'm in transaction from plex to emby and I don't want to mess all my librady because I know that all the files all corect and working fine. That's why I'm trying to find a different solution about this issue.

Thanks again!!

Hi, if you can rename the subtitle file to 

{movie}.gre.srt

then it should work fine. Thanks !

alexathinaioa

Hello Luke, thank you for your reply.. I tried that on a couple of files and is working fine.. but that's not the best solution when I have at about 4000 movies.. it's impossible to do that. Is maybe any other way so emby servwr can support the greek srt files?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G920F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

alexathinaioa

So there isn't any solution about that? #Luke

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G920F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Hi @@alexathinaioa, yes, we're going to add some language detection capabilities and use that to determine the most likely character encoding. Thanks.

alexathinaioa

That would be one of the best subs tools on emby server. it will be really helpful for many people!!
Thanks in advance!

Looking forward for this release!!

Edited by alexathinaioa