Transcoding vs not in TV

arrbee99

arrbee99

Using NextPVR and DVB-S PCI-E card in Win 10 Creators PC for TV.

I just downloaded the mpeg2 extension mentioned in this https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46738-windows-10-creators-update-reactions/ post and set it to 'force liveTV to directstream' in Ember for Emby. That's what it (Ember) now does and starting playing a channel went from 42 sec to about 5 sec.

So, am wondering, seeing as the Emby webapp in Chrome and ET still transcode is there any way to use the mpeg extension and /or some kind of setting to get these apps to direct play also ?

• Like 1

PrincessClevage

Using NextPVR and DVB-S PCI-E card in Win 10 Creators PC for TV.

I just downloaded the mpeg2 extension mentioned in this https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46738-windows-10-creators-update-reactions/ post and set it to 'force liveTV to directstream' in Ember for Emby. That's what it (Ember) now does and starting playing a channel went from 42 sec to about 5 sec.

So, am wondering, seeing as the Emby webapp in Chrome and ET still transcode is there any way to use the mpeg extension and /or some kind of setting to get these apps to direct play also ?

I was wondering the same .

arrbee99

Don't know if it matters much, but on my PC I apparently already had these 32-bit mpeg2 files

59360bd136be8_mpegx86.jpg

and added these 64-bit ones (resulting from the link in the first post)

59360be66067d_Mpegx64.jpg

Chrome does not support mpeg2. In the app, you can direct play with the built in live tv, but not with some of the plugins at the moment.