Emby Unable to Connect

omerome

omerome

I mostly use Emby on my NVIDIA Shield, but I am also finding this on all of my clients (Android phone/FireTV Stick) after a while and I am finding this to be a little frustrating. When I manually restart Emby Server, the application works fine. However after a while (a couple of hours later) when I try to load the application again, it gets stuck at the loading screen until I am at the "Select a server" screen, and unless I manually restart the server again, it will not load or get past the screen.

Also, sometimes when I am viewing content on the Shield, I am seeing an error saying something about VolleyError.com Timeout message, too.

Thanks for your help!

Here is my log.

server-63632228288.txt

This sounds like your server is unreachable at that time for some reason.

If this is the case, the server log may not tell us much (as the app was not able to communicate with the server) but does the above log contain an instance of this happening?  If so, when and from what app?

omerome

But it's strange because it happens all times of the day. I checked that the port is open here:

http://www.canyouseeme.org/

And it is.

I tried also creating a task (cron job in FreeNAS) to restart the server once a day, but it still doesn't fix my issue.

I am not even sure how to read the logs :( but it happens on all of my Emby clients (NVIDIA Shield, Android/FireTV). No other app (like Plex) on my Shield has this issue as well.

I would suggest updating to the latest release of Emby Server. Let us know if you still have an issue. Thanks !