Hide/Block user profiles login screen

guymyer

guymyer

I haven't found any reference to such a feature, but I'm setting up emby for my kid with parental controls but these are useless if she can log in to anyones account. I have passwords disabled for when on home network because I have Android TV all around my home, so that doesn't help. I'd like to simply hide all but the one profile or set it to automatically log in to that one profile with parental control. Is this at all possible?

Edited by guymyer

Jdiesel

I haven't found any reference to such a feature, but I'm setting up emby for my kid with parental controls but these are useless if she can log in to anyones account. I have passwords disabled for when on home network because I have Android TV all around my home, so that doesn't help. I'd like to simply hide all but the one profile or set it to automatically log in to that one profile with parental control. Is this at all possible?

You can set the one profile to login automatically however that does not stop someone from logging out and logging in on another profile with no password. You can specify to hide profiles from the login screen which might work for you. The best option might be to enable the simple PIN login for profiles other than the Kid profile and have it set to automatically login.

guymyer

Enabling any sort of Pin/PW on accounts I don't want my child to have access wouldn't help because then my androidTV devices would request said pin/pw.. which is frustrating with the remote. Where is there an option to automatically login with selected account though? I just left daughters profile logged in and it jumped right to it when we launched it. I doubt she'd figure out how to sign out, young, but is there a way to force this every time?

Enabling any sort of Pin/PW on accounts I don't want my child to have access wouldn't help because then my androidTV devices would request said pin/pw.. which is frustrating with the remote. Where is there an option to automatically login with selected account though? I just left daughters profile logged in and it jumped right to it when we launched it. I doubt she'd figure out how to sign out, young, but is there a way to force this every time?

Auto login is the very first option in the settings page in the Android TV app.  There is also an option for whether or not to prompt for the password each time (second option).

guymyer

Well I'm not looking to change my androidTV because I have multiple users on there so we swap profiles often. I have a tablet for my daughter that I'm looking to have her ONLY have access to her profile. 

Well I'm not looking to change my androidTV because I have multiple users on there so we swap profiles often. I have a tablet for my daughter that I'm looking to have her ONLY have access to her profile. 

Okay, sorry I misunderstood.

@guymer the best thing to do is just sign her in once, allow it to remember and then hand it to her.