Sync Question

BobbyDing

BobbyDing

I'm using Emby on a Kindle Fire 8. Most everything works great. Recently I did a few syncs and they show to be downloaded successfully. Two questions...

How do I play these? When I play the movie from within Emby (it has the little arrow showing it is downloaded) it says it's playing "stream.mkv" which I am assuming is not the downloaded version. Also I cannot FF through it, which I would think you could with a downloaded file. If I turn off the wifi on the tablet, Emby comes back wanting to know what server to log into. The purpose of downloading the file was so I can watch it when no wifi is available. Do I need to watch this via a separate app without using Emby? If so, my next question....

Second, where are the downloaded files kept? I have a couple apps that can search the kindles local directories, but I cannot find any of the files Emby says are successfully downloaded.

I do have Emby Premiere if that makes any difference.

Thanks so much!!

Bobby

Hi @@BobbyDing

by default, the files are kept at

/Android/data/com.mb.android/files/

You currently can't play the offline files in-app and therefore will have to use another app to browse the file system and play them. But are working hard on getting this feature rolled out. Thanks !

• 1 month later...

@@BobbyDing

2.9.32 is rolling out and supports offline browsing and playback. The feature is still very new so please make sure to leave your feedback and we will continue to improve it. Thanks !