Server: IPTV: Allow groups from m3u/sort order by name

kf6dlq

kf6dlq

Feature requests:

1.) Add sorting by group number for TV GUiDE or Channel List.  Many M3U_Plus files have a grouping, unfortunately, you can't sort by these groups at all.  Maybe if it is possible for us to order them.

2.) Add SD versions.  A lot of channels in M3U file have a HD and a regular channel, but server will only find and play the HD version.  The only way to "see" the SD version, is under the metadata edit area.  They do not show up under channel list.

And as always, thank you for all your HARD work!

PS if it helps to have a m3u file to look at from a local IPTV provider, let me know :D

Edited by kf6dlq
  • Like 3

kf6dlq

That sounds great.  I apologize if they have already been requested, I searched before hand and couldn't find them.  Thank you for your reply Luke.

maegibbons

Indeed @@CBers I have and preferably in a tabbed format similar to a Sky STB for display in the Guide

Not sure where the previous post is though!

so +1

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

To OP.

I have explained elsewhere that you can get around the multiple SD/HD channel issue by adding a channel-id="2001" tag to each line in your m3u.  Obviously each line should have a different number.  In this way you will see both the SD and HD channels in the guide.

KRs

Mark

kf6dlq

To OP.

I have explained elsewhere that you can get around the multiple SD/HD channel issue by adding a channel-id="2001" tag to each line in your m3u.  Obviously each line should have a different number.  In this way you will see both the SD and HD channels in the guide.

KRs

Mark

Yes, and thank you for that.  I appreciate it, just when the channels get added or updated every day it just made things simpler for the user to auto download from the IP provider, but yes, I did read that, and thank you!  73s - Lyle

• 7 months later...

Channel groups has been requested many many times already in different topics, so maybe it will finally be introduced with the new channel manager of Emby when it is ready, but only Emby devs can say something about that if that is also the case.

With the amount of live TV channels, only having favorite channels, is not enough for easy channel navigation. Backends like TVHeadend, DVBLink support favorite groups for quite a long time now already and that is a proven concept that works.

• 2 months later...
Tomek_etz1

Hi Luke

i`m not trying to chase you guys but is there any changes or developement in this ? Some simple update will possibly keep everyone happy as well :)

Initially this was reqested by many almost a year ago. 

Senna

Even the new DVBLink server called TVMosaic has extended m3u support now, for all tag's supplied by an IPTV provider and more.., so strange that this important request takes so long for Emby Devs to incorporate.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
frankw

I'd like to second this - support for m3u_plus groups.

Another feature I'd love to see is hiding of channels/groups as there is a bunch of stuff I don't want to see in the data feed.

Cheers.

neik

Another feature I'd love to see is hiding of channels/groups as there is a bunch of stuff I don't want to see in the data feed.

+1

This would be great stuff!

• 5 months later...

Following the new upcoming release we will be working on expanding our channel management features. thanks !