Android TV player suggestions

gardar

gardar

I have a suggestion for two improvements for the Android TV app in playback mode.

Currently the "up next" screen that comes when you have 30 seconds left of an episode has two options "start now" and "stop". It is missing an option to stop after the current episode finishes. The current "stop" button stops the episode immediately and if I press the back button on my remote it will also stop the episode immediately.

In my opinion the "stop" button is unneccesary with it's current functionality as I can just simply press the back or stop button on my remote to stop the playback if I want to stop it immediately.

There should also be an option to close the banner, 30 seconds is a long time and usually episodes haven't reached the end credits when the "up next" banner appears.

A button to jump to a specific time would be really handy. Only having the option of pressing forward/backwards is a bit old school and reminds me of forwarding/rewinding on a VHS.

and if I press the back button on my remote it will also stop the episode immediately.

That's not true - the back button dismisses the overlay (which also answers your other request).  Actually, the first time you press it, it will reduce the size of the overlay and the second time, it will go away entirely.

Are you using a universal remote or a standard device remote?

gardar

That's not true - the back button dismisses the overlay (which also answers your other request).  Actually, the first time you press it, it will reduce the size of the overlay and the second time, it will go away entirely.

Are you using a universal remote or a standard device remote?

I'm using a mibox with the standard remote.

I'll be damned, I just tried and it's true, it reduces the size and then goes away. Is this a newly introduced improvement? I could have sworn this wasn't the behaviour. My apologies.

However the rest still stands, it would be good to be able to choose stop the auto playback after the current episode ends.

There hasn't always been the smaller version (that has been there for several months) but back has always dismissed any overlay on the screen.

However the rest still stands, it would be good to be able to choose stop the auto playback after the current episode ends.

That overlay should be coming up during the credits most of the time and, in that instance, the two most likely things you will want to do is go on to the next item or just stop altogether.  So that is why it is the way it is.  It isn't perfect but catches the most likely scenario.

CBers

You have to press STOP to stop playback from advancing to the next episode.

Pressing BACK twice just closes both of the dialogs.

gardar

You have to press STOP to stop playback from advancing to the next episode.

Pressing BACK twice just closes both of the dialogs.

Yes I am aware of that, it would be neat to have a 3rd button, to stop after current episode.

Sent from my SM-N9002 using Tapatalk

CBers

Yes I am aware of that, it would be neat to have a 3rd button, to stop after current episode.

If you press stop when you're happy, so once the credits start and before the end of the video, then it will stop.