Live TV Stops After About 1 hr of Viewing

BAlGaInTl

BAlGaInTl

Okay...

I'm just about to pull the trigger on replacing TVHeadend with Emby for Live TV, but every time I try, it seems that Emby just isn't up to the task yet.

Lately, every time I'm watching Live OTA TV, it will just freeze around an hour in to it.  I've experienced it on Emby Theater as well as the Android TV client.

This time, I grabbed a log.

The freeze happened somewhere after 16:00 local in the log.

LiveTVFreeze.txt

Also, I'm unable to restart Emby Theater when this happens.  I have to restart or kill a process that is left behind it seems.

Edited by BAlGaInTl

BAlGaInTl

No insight?

I updated to the latest server and will have to try again tonight.

Thing is, I don't have the issue with TVHeadend.

I hate to keep going back to that though... I REALLY want to just use Emby for everything to spouse-proof our entertainment.  :)

Dano123

Okay...

I'm just about to pull the trigger on replacing TVHeadend with Emby for Live TV, but every time I try, it seems that Emby just isn't up to the task yet.

Lately, every time I'm watching Live OTA TV, it will just freeze around an hour in to it.  I've experienced it on Emby Theater as well as the Android TV client.

This time, I grabbed a log.

The freeze happened somewhere after 16:00 local in the log.

attachicon.gifLiveTVFreeze.txt

Also, I'm unable to restart Emby Theater when this happens.  I have to restart or kill a process that is left behind it seems.

Can you give me a server to connect to

BAlGaInTl

I don't know what happened, but the last few day's I have not had this issue.

I adjusted my antenna and now get less noise for local channels.  A side effect however is that I've lost some channels that were further away.

I updated to the latest docker and Emby server.

The last two day's, I have not had an issue.

I suspect that Emby simply isn't handling the "noise" from channels that aren't perfect as well as other solutions (TVHeadend).  I'm not sure why that is, but it seems to create a few issues when the server has to struggle with that.