TVHeadend Plugin - No Channels??

skivy71

skivy71

Hi,

I'm trying to get this plugin working...

I can confirm my TVH server is functional and has been testing with several other clients.

I can also confirm that emby (or the plugin) is connecting (as shown in my status tab).

I can further confirm all my channels have been assigned numbers and have tags of type SDTV or HDTV.

However when I attempt to list channels, nothing.

I cannot even find anything useful regarding logging, only other than the appropriate requests are being made from the UI of the relevant emby client.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Neil

skivy71

Hi Luke,

Thanks for looking at my post.

I did the 'refresh guide' and then channels started appearing.

I did not realise NOT having EPG data would 'stop the job'.

Just a quick one if I may, is there any reason emby should be transcoding the dvb-s2 stream for a local client session?

I've not used tvheadend before, but with my previous dealings with dvblink, LAN to LAN wouldn't transcode at all... No need, unless the client requires a specific resolution, and it doesn't do it when I play 'shared drive' data on the same client (using emby theatre).

Thanks

Neil 

Just a quick one if I may, is there any reason emby should be transcoding the dvb-s2 stream for a local client session?

Depends on the Emby app being used. We'd have to look at an example using the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. If it's the browser though it will almost always transcode due to no browser support for mpegts, mpeg2 or ac3.

skivy71

Well it's the windows version of theatre and the plugin is TVH. I understand the browser requiring transcoding, as I've already seen that for my movie library.

The misses is watching TV at the moment, but the dashboard state's its transcoding the incoming dvb-s2 to h.264 mkv and ffmpeg is busy :)