More navigation improvements

dcook

dcook

@@ebr

I have noticed another navigation issue which I think could be improved on.

If you are viewing TV or Movies by letter and say for example you want to watch something starting with letter X  you have to press the down arrow on the remote over a dozen times in order to get to X.

Can you please make the up arrow goto the end of the list?

I should not have to press the down arrow so many times, when pressing up arrow once would display:

Y

Z

Also once inside the letter, and you want to go to the end of the list its displaying "Show More"  which then takes over the whole screen can you remove this "Show More" option and simply make the left arrow goto the last item available?  I think moving forward with right arrow and backward with left arrow is much easier to use then having to click on show more and then it covers all the screen.  

Also once inside the letter, and you want to go to the end of the list its displaying "Show More"  which then takes over the whole screen can you remove this "Show More" option and simply make the left arrow goto the last item available?  I think moving forward with right arrow and backward with left arrow is much easier to use then having to click on show more and then it covers all the screen.  

The "Show more" option only exists if there is more to show.  If we didn't have it, you would never be able to get to all of the items.

dcook

@@ebr, can you just make all the items show in the left - right list?

That is how it was with the old app, why are you limiting it and now having to add another button?

It should not matter if there are 8 items or 37 items, just make it scroll left to right and right to left and even better when you get to the end have it loop around to the beginning.

That is how Netflix does it, and it works very well.

And can you also implement the up arrow navigation like I described?

The "Show more" option only exists if there is more to show.  If we didn't have it, you would never be able to get to all of the items.

@@ebr, can you just make all the items show in the left - right list?

That is how it was with the old app, why are you limiting it and now having to add another button?

It should not matter if there are 8 items or 37 items, just make it scroll left to right and right to left and even better when you get to the end have it loop around to the beginning.

That is how Netflix does it, and it works very well.

The problem comes in when there are 3,147 items...

The vertical wrap is in 3.0.26.

dcook

Then can you increase the number to more than the current 20 or 25 I think it is?  Perhaps 100 would be better?

The problem comes in when there are 3,147 items...

The vertical wrap is in 3.0.26.

I don't want to increase the limit at this time because we are already retrieving much more than we usually do in one screen with this one (up to a potential 675 items).  Also, this screen is going to be deprecated as soon as we have a letter jump ability in the grid view.