Subtitles size

negativzeroe

Sven

Can you also post a screenshot? 

I don't use that app, so can't say a lot for this...

negativzeroe

Hard to read from the couch, which is about 7 feet away. Also I feel like it should pan out to the sides more.

post-23438-0-81362100-1496037793_thumb.jpg

post-23438-0-37950500-1496038008_thumb.jpg

Edited by negativzeroe

That's odd.  Most people complain they are too big :).

What resolution is the TV?

Also, have you edited any Android settings that would affect font sizes?

negativzeroe

1080p and no almost everything is default. Kodi is usually used, but that emby plugin has been getting on my nerves.

EDIT I should note, these are ASS sub, not SRT. SRT shows nice and big and I can read from the couch without glasses.

Edited by negativzeroe

EDIT I should note, these are ASS sub, not SRT. SRT shows nice and big and I can read from the couch without glasses.

Ahhh... Those have their own embedded formatting, no?

Can you post a server and ffmpeg (if there is one) log from playing back one of these please?

negativzeroe

That is exactly what it is. Just tried watching Lucifer which also has ASS subs. But the thing is, they look exactly like the ones for John Wick. They are really tiny, and they are pushed toward the center. Is there a way I can override it or convert it?

EDIT, Okay just played that same episode from the web. It's a bit bigger and it also recognized the music notes at the ends of the lyrics of the song, which showed up as little boxes with X's in them on the Fire TV app.

EDIT 2: I'd also like to point out that PGS subs display at a decent size as well.

log.txt

Edited by negativzeroe

EDIT 2: I'd also like to point out that PGS subs display at a decent size as well.

Because those are being burned in by the server probably.

The beta of the app will also burn in your SSA subs in order to properly respect the formatting and special characters.

negativzeroe

How do I get the beta fire TV app? Not seeing any beta opt in like I would on the play store.

mwongjay

How do I get the beta fire TV app? Not seeing any beta opt in like I would on the play store.

You have to send ebr a PM with your email and he has to add you as a tester. Next, and there may be several ways, but I go to amazon.com, Accounts & Lists -> Your Android Apps & Devices, then search for the beta app and send it to your device.