Just an idea.. Maybe useful for something?

pir8radio

pir8radio

So I kind of like how weather.com does their video player..  Maybe something like this (link example below) would be cool for Picture-in-picture within emby, or possibly used for live tv when you go to view the guide?  Or for any video if you hit the back button or something kind of like how the music keeps playing in the background while you move around the emby web interface.   Just an idea.. again thought it was neat.

When video starts playing scroll down, the video will shrink and move to the side so you can view the site but still watch video.

EXAMPLE: https://weather.com/storms/tornado/news/chetek-wisconsin-tornado-longest-state-record-may2017

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
MrWebsmith

id love this as an option for the web clients player.. so i can watch and admin my metadata or whatever.. browse my library... while watching

The Android TV app does this for Live TV when you bring up the guide.  It is planned for that function in Roku as well.

One of the biggest problems with doing something like this for all video playback is the fact that none of the modern devices have stop buttons.  All of them expect the video to be stopped when you back out of it.