TV Web Browser Plays Shows, Not Movies

TolkienBard

TolkienBard

I have a 2017 Samsung. While I am waiting for Samsung to finish approving the Tizen app for 2017 models, I decided I would just use the television's web browser to enjoy media from my server. With anything classified as a television show, this has been no problem. However, with anything classified as a movie, I do not get the option to play. The buttons for play and view trailer simply do not appear at all like they usually do when I attempt to view from other devices such as my PC or a tablet.

Since I have Samsung mobile devices, I am able to easily thow from any of them onto the television, so I have a very easy workaround, but being able to play movies natively with the television would be nice.

All of my video media files on the server are saved as mkv, including the shows. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the media in the containers as I can get the highest quality shows to play, while even older films with super simple video and audio refuse to display the "play" button. 

Any thoughts?

On tv.emby.media it seems to be OK for me. Is that what you are using?

TolkienBard

It is. I tried using the built-in browser on my E-series Samsung Smart TV and it worked - though it was really sluggish. The sluggishness was to be expected. Those E-series televisions have horrible browsers. I tried the new 2017 model again this morning, and no dice, both with tv.embia.media and with app.emby.media.