Small build update...maybe, ideas?

LiquidFX

LiquidFX

So I have designed a new entertainment center for our living room and in the process of building it. Unfortunately I dont have a dedicated media room in this house, next house it is a must, so you will see that my plans are in the attachment. Now here is where I need some ideas, I have a full size graphics card and it doesn't fit very well in my htpc case. I had to take out my HD rack to fit the card. I want to get some ideas for a new case that will house everything properly. I dont want to convert to NAS or anything for the drives, I like to keep everything "in house". I need room for a GTX 970, 4 HD, 1 SSD, and a rom drive.

post-277-0-99197400-1495898297_thumb.png

CharleyVarrick

Providing the lower part/main furniture (everything that's below the tv) have removable shelves, probably one of thousands different mid tower cases would fit nicely.

I happen to have a pair that I really LOVE for my desktop servers, so I'll admit to be totally biased, but hey,

I bought my first 5 years ago, a 2nd 2 year ago, and if I needed, I wouldn't hesitate one second to buy a 3rd one.

The case is Antec Three Hundred Two: http://store.antec.com/gaming-series/three-hundred-two.html.

Main features are:

6x 3.5"bay, 3x 5.25" bay (those 9 are all tool-less) very smartly designed to get the best air circulation going between them, and 2x 2.5" mounting area (for SSD).

Cable management compartment (between your mobo and the right door, an inch wide area to put as much cabling out of the main area as possible; it looks better and improves air circulation

120mm+140mm stock fans, with provisions for 4 more; as quiet as they're efficient, plus a bottom grill air intake with removable filter designed for your psu (and its own fan)

If you need expansion card, those metal plate at the back are reusable, not like the cheap breakaway kind.

Oh, I've never cut a finger working in there (nice finish), which is more than I can say for many other pc cases.

EDIT: If you plan to have the pc behind closed door, try to think ahead of a way to get fresh air in the compartment that'll house your pc.5931d642bd2ea_Three_Hundred_Two_Maintena5931d7ff7d5dc_Three_Hundred_Two_Cooling.

Edited by jlr19

BAlGaInTl

I asked about what case it is now, because I don't really see anywhere to put a full ATX case without putting it on it's side.

It would also be nice to know what other components are going in besides the video card since that could drive choices as well.

I was using the Cooler Master Elite 130 because there was room for a video card and liquid CPU cooling.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119286

Of course then you are limited to itx.

CharleyVarrick

I asked about what case it is now, because I don't really see anywhere to put a full ATX case without putting it on it's side.

In your furniture plan, couldn't you not put shelves in one of those 3 lower section? You probably planned to put removable shelves anyway.

This way you can easily fit in a standard mid tower, instead of being limited to horizontal pc casing. I guess you could also put a vertical case on its side, just don't forget about all important air circulation...

To help you with pc component selection, I recently found this website, they reviewed thousands and thousands of components, they're pretty thorough and no BS.

https://www.hardocp.com/

Edited by jlr19

chef

Water cooled, eh?

If it is going to be in your front room, what about something from Lian Li? They're beautiful ;)

Edited by chef