nfo files and metadata all over the place

Starlionblue
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Starlionblue

I migrated from Emby Server for Windows to Emby Server for QNAP and I'm having issues with TV Show metadata.

On Windows I got:

• In season folders, a "folder" picture file.
  • In "Metadata" subfolders, an episode thumb and an episode xml.
  • No nfo files.

On Emby I get:

• In season folders, nfo files, despite unchecking "Nfo" in "Metadata Savers" under library options.
  • In season folders, thumbs of each episode. (I suspect QNAPs own media streaming app is creating these.)

Movies seem to work, with all the artwork downloaded including fan art, and no nfo file.

Questions:

• How do I stop Emby Server from creating nfo files?
  • How do I get Emby server to create xml files in the Metadata Subfolders?
  • Why isn't Emby downloading the episode pics and putting them in the Metadata subfolders?

How do I get Emby server to create xml files in the Metadata Subfolders?

There is no xml saving option. Nfo is our metadata format now.

• Like 1

Why isn't Emby downloading the episode pics and putting them in the Metadata subfolders?

Because this is not how we do it anymore. We changed this a couple years ago, so it's nothing new at this point. You might have discovered a hidden config switch to use the metadata folder and that's why your windows install kept on doing that. Please note, although this hidden config switch still exists, we are not really testing it.

How do I stop Emby Server from creating nfo files?

Uncheck nfo saving for each media type. You probably only unchecked it for one media type, and/or you unchecked it after files had already been saved.

Starlionblue

Got it.

I'm happy to use nfo is that's what the cool kids are doing now. However is there a way to shove the files in a subdirectory?

• Solution

No, we are following nfo conventions used by other applications that support nfo, and for the most part it goes right next to the video file.

• Like 1

Starlionblue

No, we are following nfo conventions used by other applications that support nfo, and for the most part it goes right next to the video file.

Roger.

• 7 months later...
MikePlanet
How do I stop Emby Server from creating nfo files?

Uncheck nfo saving for each media type. You probably only unchecked it for one media type, and/or you unchecked it after files had already been saved.

@Luke: One question about how this setting behaves: Does it also affect, if emby READS nfo data or only if it updates it on changes? Further: When it is NOT selected to store data within media folders, this would affect the data stored to the emby data directory, right? Will it have a negative impact, if the nfo metadata writer is unselected? Or is still all data available from the database?

MikePlanet

It only affects saving the file. Everything else is the same.

Thanks for clarification.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk