Roku Thumbnail plug-in: Enhancement suggestions

bardmaster

bardmaster

Hi, I've found a couple threads related to bits of this but figured it might be good to start a new post with all my observations about the Roku thumbnail plug-in, which is AWESOME!  Just a few suggestions.

1. Change the default scheduled task job to run in the middle of the night, like from 1am-5am, rather than starting in the morning (I think it defaulted to 5am-8am before I changed it); I was having transcoding problems in the morning related to this job running.
  2. Provide some kind of option to throttle the job?  As another post suggested, running this initially is VERY processor-intensive!  I have a Core i-7 and saw all 8 of my cores (4 physical, 4 virtual) pegged at 100% which hobbled my server.
  3. Provide an option to choose which media folders it creates thumbnails in.  I don't need this creating bif files for anything but movies and TV shows.
  4. Add-on to #3:  Exclude the Recordings folder straight out.  It actually creates bifs in my Recordings folder now, which do not clear out when I delete the show.  Note that this plug-in doesn't follow the Library rules to "save artwork and metadata in media folders," it always saves the bif files in the media folder - which is fine for me, but I want to clear out the Recordings folder of ghost shows.

As always, thanks for listening, super dev team!