can't play when using emby connect

legallink

legallink

Seems the play buttons/details have disappeared when logging in from app.emby.media.  Tested with Chrome.

Screenshot 1 is when logged in through app.emby.media

post-2681-0-25430100-1495475539_thumb.jpg

Screenshot 2 is when logged in through the direct IP address

post-2681-0-83673600-1495475538_thumb.jpg

right click anywhere -> inspect element. when the debugger interface pops up, switch to the console tab. then refresh the page and watch it for red lines.

Happy2Play

I couldn't replicate with Chrome 58 and Connect.

legallink

I've got the following redlines:

home.html:1 Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Only secure origins are allowed (see: https://goo.gl/Y0ZkNV).
Edited by legallink

Happy2Play

I wonder what conditions are needed to get this error?

I tried on multiple versions of Windows and can't reproduce.  Tried http and https also.  Only error I get is when I back out of a video (on screen back arrow).

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot set property 'checked' of null
    at updateSyncStatus (synctoggle.js?v=3.2.17.9:1)
    at syncToggle.refresh (synctoggle.js?v=3.2.17.9:1)
    at renderSyncLocalContainer (itemdetailpage.js?v=3.2.17.9:1)
    at itemdetailpage.js?v=3.2.17.9:1
    at <anonymous>
updateSyncStatus @ synctoggle.js?v=3.2.17.9:1
syncToggle.refresh @ synctoggle.js?v=3.2.17.9:1
renderSyncLocalContainer @ itemdetailpage.js?v=3.2.17.9:1
(anonymous) @ itemdetailpage.js?v=3.2.17.9:1

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Same Chrome version

Windows 10 versions

Version 1703 (Build 15063.296)

and

Version 1511 (Build 10586.916)

sponge244

Hi, so this is my first post and I appreciate and have loved emby prime and all it's feature.

Now I want to help solving this issue. This issue is what I am expericing as well. When logged in via the emby connect using username and password on media.emby the play button, trailer, and other details along with backdrop does not appear.

But if go to the web address not the lan but wlan I see my server login photo and I can see everything performing normally.

I have tried logging to my emby from different locations throughout the day and each time if I used emby.media address with connect I saw the problem but when I put the address of my http:// ip and port I saw everything normallu. The issue is bad.

I used chrome, microsft edge windows and Firefox to see if the problem exists with only 1 browser but unfortunately it carries on Al browses. I even tried browser from my phone and same problem but the problem no longer exists when use http address...

I think the problem lies we are connecting using emby connect because if I put in the information manually then everything works fine. I have not changed anything on my router or any sort of thing.

In fact I reinstalled emby yesterday and build a hole new library and it still had the issue.

If there is anything else I need to do please let me or us know ... Thank you.

Edited by sponge244

Thanks, I tested that theory by logging in with Emby Connect and I'm not able to reproduce. Can you try clearing browsing data? thanks !

sponge244

Wow thank you for thereply but i just moments ago cleared by browsing data. and it did not fix the issue. I tried my mobile device aswell problem is there. I tired edge and firefox same issue. I knw the problem will come when i do not see the image i have uploaded for my profile does not show and only a color show, Doyou need any information from my side like screen shots? I will be awake trying to mess with this issue. 

Edited by sponge244

In Emby user setup, have you changed any user permissions for the emby user away from defaults? There is probably a certain isolated situation that is causing this. Thanks.

sponge244

Yes i have told the user to not allow any playback for trans coding because my small little pc server can not handle conversions and I don't want to convert media if the internet connection is not strong even by accident. 

There are the settings I have unchecked.manually. All other settings are default...

Please advise..

Thank you so much.. I am very happy to help solve this mystery for myself and others... 

Allow audio playback that requires transcoding

Allow video playback that requires transcoding

Allow video playback that requires conversion without re-encoding

Allow downloading that requires transcoding. 

Update I did enable the settings and restarted the server unfortunately that did not fix the issue. I was happy for 1 sec. but lets see.. how else I can help.

Edited by sponge244

legallink

On my end, there have not been any user profile changed within probably the last two months or so.

sponge244

Wow it is working for me now as awell what a weird and mysterious thing.I think just talking about it might have fixed it. HEHHEH anyhow great support . I love this place.. Thank you everybody