Raspberry pi3 emby server can't start.

tdiguy

tdiguy

I am pretty new to linux in general. I recently got a pi3 to turn it into a media server because i am cheap but i want to do things legally and enjoy the content i pay good money for in a way that my wife and kids can appreciate and also enjoy. 

So i have rasbian jessie on the pi, i made the mod in jessie so that it boots off the usb drive ( re-purposed an old 200gig drive for this ). I then entered the following commands:

curl -sSL https://get.docker.com/ | sh
docker run -it --rm \
--volume /usr/local/bin:/target \
emby
/embyserver:armv7 instl

But there was an error running docker something about a permission / unlock, I started the command off with sudo so i am not sure why. I then saw the other section to run things manually:

wget -qO - http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:emby/xUbuntu_14.04/Release.key | sudo apt-key add -
sudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/xUbuntu_14.04/ /' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emby-server.list"
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt
-get install emby-server
I did not get / install ffmpeg, i figured if i get the server up and running maybe i can go through that later for streaming.

when the server went to start up i get the following, which reads that its a socket error / in use. but i dont know much past the obvious on this. ( see attachment)

Thank you!

putty.log

tdiguy

Ok, I ran docker again and i am guessing maybe i am a bit tired becuase the output was far more favorable this time. Looks like there was still an issue though:

Installing emby-server...
instl exited 0
grep: write error: Broken pipe
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

It went much further along though.

tdiguy

HA never mind. It looked like it was broken with that output but when i tried to manually start the server it said it was running.. and sure enough i can connect to it!

Time for me to start fiddling around with this magnificent piece of software. I had fun messing around with the windows version and if the deb / pi version is similar i think i will be able to do everything i want it to do.

Here is hoping i can get this done before the wife notices i took the old system down lol.

tdiguy

Thanks for the feedback.

Very curious Luke, when it comes to emby subscriptions, if i buy one will it work on all the devices i connect? I have devices from amazon, apple and google play.