folder redirection without AD or group policy

Airbender

Airbender

Hello

so check this out i am looking into start doing folder redirection and users desktop but my home system does not have AD nor i have virtual machines running

but i am wondering is i can do something so all my data will come across my home network and not local pc

Can someone advise

Thanks

Koleckai Silvestri

Open a command prompt and type mklink /?

Simple and easy to use. I use directory symlinks for a lot of redirection. Apps don't even know. For instance I have games like World of Warcraft, Star Wars Online, Diablo III, etc installed on my SSD but their large multi-gigabyte data files are on a secondary platter drive. They don't even hiccup.

SilentAssassin

If you're  thinking of just redirecting your documents, videos, music folder then it is simple. I have it on all my computers to point them all to my server (not AD). If you open your user folder, browse to C:\users\%username% you will see all your user data folders. Right click these and select properties. You will see a location tab in the properties windows from where you can set a new location.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/redirect-folder-new-location#1TC=windows-7

Edited by SilentAssassin