FF and rewind stopped working

jellowe

jellowe

Emby theater 2.7.1. I noticed last night that my FF aND rewind no longer work. I noticed that there had been an update so I played around with the hardware acceleration settings because they obviously changed. It was set to None and I think it used to be set for madvr. Anyway, I can click the progress bar with the mouse and it seeks properly, but I can no longer use the FF and rewind butons on my remote, and clicking the << and >> do absolutely nothing either. I have tried multiple movies and shows of different file formats. It just stopped working all of a sudden in this version.

blade005

Emby theater 2.7.1. I noticed last night that my FF aND rewind no longer work. I noticed that there had been an update so I played around with the hardware acceleration settings because they obviously changed. It was set to None and I think it used to be set for madvr. Anyway, I can click the progress bar with the mouse and it seeks properly, but I can no longer use the FF and rewind butons on my remote, and clicking the << and >> do absolutely nothing either. I have tried multiple movies and shows of different file formats. It just stopped working all of a sudden in this version.

@@Luke

It is strange behavior.

I tested a Recorded TV file with 2.7.1 and both FFWD and REW seemed to work with simple MCE remote. Restarted ET and it upgraded to 2.7.2 and now no video format has FFWD capability with Remote. REW works, but no FFWD.

I've pushed an update, try restarting the app. Apologies for the disruption. Thanks.

pgriffith

Have restarted the app several times, no update has been fetched, on 2 machines.

Also downloaded the zip directly from Github and replace contents of system with that, still no FF working from remote.

Exactly how do we get this update ?

denz

It is automatically downloaded leave emby theater for about 10 minutes and then restart and it will install it. You can also see the update being downloaded if you go to users your username appdata something roaming emby theater in the cache there are two emby theater folders one will have many files and one will have only one download.

Edited by denz

pgriffith

Hi Denz

I know the process, I've had both Emby installs running for well over an hour each, my cache directory is completely empty, they aren't fetching anything.

Did you get updated and is your remote FF working ?

Heuer

I have had this problem on one HTPC since 2.7.0. Logs say:

ediabrowser.Updater.exe Information: 0 : Request: {"Operation":"Install","Archive":"C:\\Users\\David\\AppData\\Roaming\\Emby-Theater\\updates\\emby.theater.zip","Product":"emby.theater","PackageClass":"Release","Version":{"Major":2,"Minor":7,"Build":2,"Revision":-1,"MajorRevision":-1,"MinorRevision":-1},"ServiceName":"","ProgramDataPath":"C:\\Users\\David\\AppData\\Roaming\\Emby-Theater","TargetExecutablePath":"C:\\Users\\David\\AppData\\Roaming\\Emby-Theater\\system\\Emby.Theater.exe","SystemPath":"C:\\Users\\David\\AppData\\Roaming\\Emby-Theater\\system"}
Mediabrowser.Updater.exe Information: 0 : Waiting for process 4792 to exit
Mediabrowser.Updater.exe Information: 0 : Creating console update session for emby.theater
Mediabrowser.Updater.exe Information: 0 : Command line: "C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\Mediabrowser.Updater.exe" product="emby.theater" archive="C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\updates\emby.theater.zip" caller=4792 pismo=false version=2.7.2 installpath="C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater" startpath="C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\Emby.Theater.exe" systempath="C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system"
Mediabrowser.Updater.exe Information: 0 : Updating Emby Theater to version 2.7.2...
Mediabrowser.Updater.exe Information: 0 : Starting extract package.
Mediabrowser.Updater.exe Information: 0 : Creating backup by moving C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system to C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\System.old
Mediabrowser.Updater.exe Error: 0 : Error creating backup. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
Mediabrowser.Updater.exe Error: 0 : Final extract failure.  Installation aborting.

I am having to delete Theatre and download it again and redo all settings. Oddly the update works on another PC.

denz

I just loaded theater and i can see it downloading but it is very slow i am on nbn 100 and it is so slow it will take more than 10 minutes at the current rate.

denz

It looks like it is not closing electron properly and thefore file is open could it be something with a antivirus software.

blade005

I've pushed an update, try restarting the app. Apologies for the disruption. Thanks.

@@Luke

Did a complete uninstall of ET and then installed 2.7.2 from website this morning.

1. FFWD is still not working with MCE Remote button. RWD works, but not FFWD. If you pull up OSD with remote and use FFWD on OSD it works. Just cumbersome to try and advance with OSD disappearing after a few seconds.
  2. For the last few versions the mouse icon will not move to background after ET starts up. It will remain on the screen and for any video playing until you grab a mouse and move it around and then let ET take back control. Same behavior on both a Win7 and Win10 machine.
Edited by blade005

blade005

An update has gone out. Thanks for the feedback.

@@Luke

• Update has FFWD from remote working again. Many thanks.
  • Issue still persists with Mouse Icon not moving to background upon start of Emby Theater. Still have to grab a mouse and move it on screen to get it to disappear.

@@Luke

• Issue still persists with Mouse Icon not moving to background upon start of Emby Theater. Still have to grab a mouse and move it on screen to get it to disappear.

I can no longer reproduce that. Thanks.

blade005

I can no longer reproduce that. Thanks.

@@Luke,

I no longer see that issue after update to 2.7.7. Many thanks.