No stop button in music panel in new live Roku App build 24

rewsteruk

rewsteruk

No stop button in music panel in new live Roku App build 24, just pause/play.  The button exists in Emby Theater for Windows.

Hi.  Most music players these days don't have the concept of "stop".  Instead, they just use pause so that is how we have designed it as well.  There is no 'stop' button on the remote either.

rewsteruk

Correct, but Emby is NOT just a music player.  Most people would want to stop an activity before say watching a video I do on all my players including Emby web client and Emby Theater for Windows and Kodi.

I set up this old Roku for a neighbour and first thing she noticed is the missing stop button.  I hope this is something that is going to happen to all the apps, as I agree with her this is not a route to go down.

Actually, when it comes to video, you just back out of it.  This is how all of these streaming players behave these days.  Stop buttons are gone.

rewsteruk

@@Luke, I could, but why can't there just be a stop button included to cover both preferences?, there is in all the other Emby apps.  Pause does not feel like you have finished with music activity as the note symbol stays in the top bar of the app, it disappears on stop on the Emby Theater for Windows.

Edited by rewsteruk