Bad Scan Lines During Rapid Movement on FireTV

portlandgamer

portlandgamer

As the topic says, I am experiencing bad scan lines (maybe deinterlacing, I'm not sure) on live TV programs when watching from the Emby app on an Amazon FireTV box (latest version). The issue gets much worse during rapid movement of whatever program I'm watching. I have attached an image of this happening. I have also tested this on a 1st gen FireTV stick as well as a 2nd gen FireTV stick. The result is the same every time. 

I have a Samsung 4k smart TV that also has the Emby app installed. This does not occur on the Emby app that is installed on my smart TV. I'd really like to get to the bottom of this, as other than the scan lines issue, the FireTV Emby app performs much better than the smart TV app.

Any help would be much appreciated! 

I am running Emby from a dedicated PC with:

2.5ghz Quadcore i5

8gb memory

HD Homerun Prime TV Tuner

All devices (except the 1st gen Fire Stick) are connected via 802.11AC wifi and both the TV and Fire devices are located within 6 feet with direct line of sight to the AP.

post-151832-0-20004300-1495133849_thumb.jpg

Hi.  Can you try switching between seek mode and non-seek mode for the live stream?  This is deinterlacing artifacts and either the transcode (if one is happening) or the player in use is not doing a very good job.

You can also try turning on the option to use VLC for live TV and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this same issue, and it's one of the issues among several that are being discussed on this topic: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/47389-live-tv-initial-pause-pixelation-and-long-pauses/. Just as an FYI in case someone finds a resolution on that topic.

Did you try this?

You can also try turning on the option to use VLC for live TV and see if that makes a difference.

mwongjay

Did you try this?

Yes I did try that last night. Did not affect the "scan lines" which I've been referring to as "picture issues" in the other topic.

• 1 year later...
sargenthp

Anything figured out for this? I am getting the same thing on my Fire TV's.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

sargenthp

Sure!

NBC seems to be the worse.  DVR recordings do the same thing.  If I play back from my Linux PC on the Web interface I don't see it. If I didn't have invested in 5 - Fire TV Gen 2's I might consider trying to find different TV Boxes since my audio is still way low even after down mixing everything I can to 2 channel.  The box that I sent the log from is not so bad being this one is connected to a surround sound system.  It is more the boxes connected directly to the TV's.

I sent a couple logs from a Fire TV box.

#1 - Watching LiveTV...  Channel 13.1 NBC - Hello Wisconsin.  Log sent at 5:57am. Family user was logged in.

#2 - Watching DVR of Manifest recorded from Channel 13.1 NBC.  Log sent at 5:58am. Family user was logged in.

Thanks,

Hil

sargenthp

That is better! Thank you.

For those playing along at home...

Within the Emby App. Options->App Settings->Playback->Check - Deinterlace HD Content

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk