New Theater user with some questions

themimperials

Guest asrequested

I'm thinking it's electron. I run mine on an older version. I can't provide a link for that, right now.

themimperials

What part exactly is sluggish?

If I set my Windows 10 desktop resolution to 4K @ 60 Hz, and open ET, then everything is unusably slow. Locks up for seconds at a time, takes about 20 seconds to browse any movie, etc.

If I set my Windows 10 desktop resolution to 1080p @ 60 Hz, and open ET, everything is decent, but a bit sluggish. Like moving the "selection" around etc. Also when using this resolution, 4K movies don't play as 4K.

Well as far as the UI is concerned, I can confirm that in some environments newer versions of electron are not animating at the full 60fps like it used to. So for now we're going to stay on 1.4.X. This version here should cure the UI problems:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46763-theater-mpv-test/page-1

Thanks.

Version 2.7.6 brings a few important improvements:

• Downloads are now split by x86/x64 architecture. The sizes are now cut in half which means that both installations and updates will be faster now.
  • We have reverted to an older version of Electron. This has restored the 60fps animation in the UI that you were previously accustomed to. We have noticed that in some limited environments, newer versions of Electron are not reaching 60fps and this is resulting in degraded UI performance. If you have been noticing this then you will want to update asap. 
  • When launching videos there is a nice little splash screen just like the web app has.

Enjoy.