Server failing to restart itself - Fedora 25

AceBlade258

AceBlade258

After about an hour of running, Emby will attempt to restart itself if idle, and I get an error like this in the Emby log: 

2017-05-16 19:43:11.1254 Info App: Automatically restarting the system because it is idle and a restart is required.
2017-05-16 19:43:11.1457 Error ProviderManager: Error refreshing item
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.17.0
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
	Operating system: Unix 4.10.15.200
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True

"systemctl status emby-server" shows the service as stopped, with the last entry in the log being:

May 16 19:43:38 medialibrary.home.example.com sh[745]: sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

Looking closer at the log, I've added the following entry to visudo:

emby ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh, /usr/lib/emby-server/emby-server.sh

and it seems to have solved the problem. However, I'm not very much a fan of this, so I'm curious if there are any other suggestions, and am also curious why this popped up?

Thanks!

There must have been a plugin that updated, so that would be why it wanted to restart. You'd have to provide the complete log file in order for us to determine that.

AceBlade258

What info do you need from the log? Just want the whole thing?

I'm not so concerned about the automatic restart, as to why it cannot do so - especially with the error it is giving.

hurricanehrndz

After about an hour of running, Emby will attempt to restart itself if idle, and I get an error like this in the Emby log: 

2017-05-16 19:43:11.1254 Info App: Automatically restarting the system because it is idle and a restart is required.
2017-05-16 19:43:11.1457 Error ProviderManager: Error refreshing item
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.17.0
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
	Operating system: Unix 4.10.15.200
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True

"systemctl status emby-server" shows the service as stopped, with the last entry in the log being:

May 16 19:43:38 medialibrary.home.example.com sh[745]: sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

Looking closer at the log, I've added the following entry to visudo:

emby ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh, /usr/lib/emby-server/emby-server.sh

and it seems to have solved the problem. However, I'm not very much a fan of this, so I'm curious if there are any other suggestions, and am also curious why this popped up?

Thanks!

The package already supplies a sudoers file:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:emby/emby-server/redhat.emby?expand=1