Multiple Files being recorded for Single Episode

MyFriendBrad

MyFriendBrad

I have had this happen before and somehow it corrected itself, but since the latest update, its happening again.

Basically, my DVR recordings are recording multiple files for every episode. A 30 minutes show might record 3 or 4 4-7min clips.

Attached is one of my recordings and you can see it splits it out into 5 separate clips. All vary in size.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is super annoying.

Thanks!

post-192948-0-61697800-1494989073_thumb.png

Hi, we'd have to look at the server log to find out what happened, which you can learn how to obtain here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

The most likely explanation is that a failure occurred during the recording process and so it started again with a new file. The most likely reason for failure would be weak signal or conflict due to something else taking over.

MyFriendBrad

Thanks for the response!

Attached is the log. There is definitely a lot of errors being reported doing a quick scan through the doc.

Signals should be strong. I am hard lined in everywhere. So...it would be strange for it to be so random like that. Especially since it use to work just fine.

Thanks again for your help!

-Brad

Log.txt

Actually it looks like a hard drive problem

2017-05-15 22:56:51.0701 Error App: Error recording to G:\DVR\Last Week Tonight With John Oliver\Season 4\Last Week Tonight With John Oliver S04E12.ts
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.17.0
	Command line: C:\Users\bradf\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: C:\Users\bradf\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\bradf\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.IO.IOException: The device is not ready.

Either the drive was disconnected, or it experienced a failure while writing to it, or the disk is full.