Restarting Payback when FFMpeg transcode completes

radeon

radeon

Just personally, I'm not sure about on the forums. Thing is, after the shift from nowtv it was a bit of a learning experience for me too, so I wasn't really looking for issues, whereas now this one can be repeated demand at any time with exactly the same results

Okay.  I've only seen this particular issue reported in the past few days and I actually saw it myself once a couple days ago.  However, I have not been able to repeat it since.

radeon

If it helps, I can give you access to my server with the video files that are definitely causing the issue?

If it helps, I can give you access to my server with the video files that are definitely causing the issue?

Thanks.  Can you PM me some credentials, or just create a Connect user for me (ebr)?

CBers

@@ebr - I earlier connected to @@radeon's server to test this issue, but I had a problem entering the username.

After entering the server manually, I chose Select User, but the accounts are hidden, there was nothing there and no dialog to state that.

Selecting Enter Manually worked fine, but I thought at the time that was for entering the server details again so I didn't try it for a few attempts.

Not sure how/if the Select User could be revamped when ALL users are are hidden, but thought I'd mention it.

I can raise a separate thread if you want ??

@@ebr - I earlier connected to @@radeon's server to test this issue, but I had a problem entering the username.

After entering the server manually, I chose Select User, but the accounts are hidden, there was nothing there and no dialog to state that.

Selecting Enter Manually worked fine, but I thought at the time that was for entering the server details again so I didn't try it for a few attempts.

Not sure how/if the Select User could be revamped when ALL users are are hidden, but thought I'd mention it.

I can raise a separate thread if you want ??

Yeah, I saw what you are talking about.  I'll address it by not having the "Select User" row when there are none.

radeon

I seem to have another issue with a user thats down the same lines but not the same where by their playback is fine for about 5 mins then the app just goes grey and hangs. 

How can i go about getting a log of that to you? It's on a fire tv stcik again

CBers

Yeah, I saw what you are talking about. I'll address it by not having the "Select User" row when there are none.

OK, thanks.

I seem to have another issue with a user thats down the same lines but not the same where by their playback is fine for about 5 mins then the app just goes grey and hangs. 

How can i go about getting a log of that to you? It's on a fire tv stcik again

Hopefully, one got sent automatically.  You know when it happened?

radeon

Hopefully, one got sent automatically.  You know when it happened?

Around 10pm here and user would have been Ted

screwfaze

I also can confirm this is happening to me on 2 android TV boxes. I have just sent logs user Stixx.

Thanks

radeon

I also can confirm this is happening to me on 2 android TV boxes. I have just sent logs user Stixx.

Thanks

@@screwfaze Which issue? the restarting playback or the grey lockup?

cheers,

Edited by radeon
  • Like 1

Around 10pm here and user would have been Ted

Unfortunately, doesn't look like I did get a log.

The grey screen is a crash of the app (not handled well by the OS at all).  Odd that it would occur during playback. Was it right at the end maybe?

radeon

fraid not, just about 5 mins in i'm told. he seems to be able to repeat it so just getting him to now. I'll let you know when it happens.

Is there another way he can pull the log locally?

Edited by radeon

radeon

OK he just got it to happen again. 11.23pm can you see if you have managed to receive that log? And failing that, how I can get a log off it locally?

I got a log but it looks like he stopped playback and then the app crashed while returning to the previous screen.

The crash is a nasty bug deep inside the framework (or the implementation of it on the Fire) I've been wrestling with for some time.  No piece of our code is even present in the stack trace which makes it a real bugger.

I'm thinking of ripping out some of the framework elements I'm using just to try and avoid it.

radeon

Yup you're right on his actions. Just asked him to confirm and he did exactly what you said he did. He has sa8t is happens during playback so I'll get him to tell me the next time it does so you can check for logs.

radeon

I got a log but it looks like he stopped playback and then the app crashed while returning to the previous screen.

The crash is a nasty bug deep inside the framework (or the implementation of it on the Fire) I've been wrestling with for some time. No piece of our code is even present in the stack trace which makes it a real bugger.

I'm thinking of ripping out some of the framework elements I'm using just to try and avoid it.

OK @@ebr so two new grey crash lockups. One at 12.20pm and the other at 12.51pm. Both with no interaction at all. Just literally mid movie and crash. Both user Ted. Can you take a look?

radeon

Just had another crash. seems to be every 30 mins? is there a certain timer going off? 

Just had another crash. seems to be every 30 mins? is there a certain timer going off? 

I'm not getting logs on these crashes.

Could it be that some other program installed on the box is trying to grab focus?  A 3rd-party screensaver or something perhaps?

radeon

Screensaver is apparently stock. Asked him to remove other apps and see but he's a little hesitant to remove everything. 

Is there any way he can get to the logs locally? he has es file explorer on there so should be able to go in and grab if its accessible, its not rooted or anything tho.

I believe he would have to install the Android Debug Bridge and attach to the process while it was running.