LIVE TV Improvements

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Two things that need to be implemented for live tv in order to bring it up to the level of a STB.

Where there is no epg for a channel, emby needs to fill this in, such that, for channels without epg you can still get the channel playing without having to go to the channel page (i.e. 2 quick clicks). WMC used to do this by filling in any epg gaps with 24 hour "no data" epg

Second where a channel is not broadcasting at the time there needs to be something more elegant than a black screen where you can't tell if the channel is off air or whether emby has a problem. DVBLink does this by playing a 10s no signal video on loop when no signal is being received.

Where there is no epg for a channel, emby needs to fill this in, such that, for channels without epg you can still get the channel playing without having to go to the channel page (i.e. 2 quick clicks). WMC used to do this by filling in any epg gaps with 24 hour "no data" epg

That's already there in Android/Fire TV and Roku, right...?

As far as off the air goes I'm not sure there is an elegant way to detect that. Just doing it on the absence of epg data could create a situation of false positives. but yes the no data thing is a good idea.