Movies that are now transcoding but not previously

christian875

christian875

Hi,

I have some movie files that use to direct play but now are transcoding due to the most recent update.  Screenshot below for movie file details but I believe it has something to do with video profile (it was fixed previously).

Any ideas?

5918767768ff8_Untitled.jpg

Hi.  There could be any number of reasons for this.  Can you please post the server and ffmpeg logs from that playback?

Thanks.

christian875

Hi.  There could be any number of reasons for this.  Can you please post the server and ffmpeg logs from that playback?

Thanks.

Server and ffmpeg logs attached as requested.  Appreciate the help!

ffmpeg.txt

server.txt

It is stream copying the original video as-is, so this is not being transcoded. This is a just a container swap with audio down-mix. Did you enable the audio downmix setting in the app?

christian875

It is stream copying the original video as-is, so this is not being transcoded. This is a just a container swap with audio down-mix. Did you enable the audio downmix setting in the app?

I did the downmix but it is still transcoding.

I did the downmix but it is still transcoding.

No, it's not transcoding. It is preserving the original video as-is and converting the audio, just like you asked it to. If you don't want this to happen, then turn off the downmix. Just be aware that depending on your audio setup, you may have to use the downmix.

this is at least in the log posted above. if you want to provide additional examples that display otherwise then i'll be happy to look at them. thanks.

christian875

Does the equipment you are hooked up to support DTS?

Hi Ebr,

Yeah, I have Sonos system and like I said before previous update it was playing direct so it's something in most recent update.

As Luke mentioned above, the only thing that was happening in the above log is that the audio was converted.  This happened because the app requested only 2 channel audio.  This could happen due to you either having the downmix to stereo setting turned on or the equipment reported that it only supports 2 channels.