Trakt Plugin Nightmare

chrisoldroyd

chrisoldroyd

This all used to work fine but its stopped working and I am lost trying to get it sorted.

Basically I have three Kodi instances (2no Windows 10 and 1no Fire TV) all connected to an Emby Server. My aim is to be able to keep them all in sync and all also update Trakt so I can use an app on my phone to see what I have watched etc.

I have the Emby Trakt Plugin installed and configured but it is not updating Trakt with watched shows. I have run both scheduled tasks manually and nothing changes on Trakt.

I also see there is a Kodi Trakt add on, should i be using this as well?

My Server Runs Windows 10 and the latest emby server version

My Windows Boxes are Running Kodi 17.1

My Fire TV is running SPMC latest version

Help I am confused

Thanks

Chris 

Edited by chrisoldroyd

Hi there, can you please discuss a specific example of exactly what you are doing, and what you are seeing on trakt along the way? thanks.

chrisoldroyd

I think it's more my own confusion on how to get it working the way I expect.

All I want to do is have three instances of kodi using the same Emby log in which marks shows as watched to the server. This appears to be working.

Then I want the Emby Server Trakt plugin to sync to Trakt as soon as I've watched something. Is this how it's supposed to work?

chrisoldroyd

Great so what triggers the sync to Trakt? Does that happen automatically when something is marked as watched on the server?

Angelblue05

So you installed trakt on your server, linked your trakt account. It should scrobble automatically. When you've watched something, the trakt plugin should pick up on it. If you mark something as watched, I also believe it will do that in trakt.

So first thing to confirm, when you watch something in Kodi, does it mark it as watched in the webclient?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

chrisoldroyd

Ok just played two eps from different shows. First one ends, ticks watched in Kodi, shows as watched in Emby server then shows as watched in Trakt.

Second ep ends, ticks watched under kodi, shows as unwatched on Emby server.

Angelblue05

@

Check the logs - something is not quite right. It seems to be stuck in the database connection loop maybe?

chrisoldroyd

@

Check the logs - something is not quite right. It seems to be stuck in the database connection loop maybe?

Hmm can you explain what that means please?

Angelblue05

It tried to update the watched status when you started watching blacklist - Philomena, but got stuck in a loop trying to open the video database. So when playback ended, nothing happened because of it.

Edited by Angelblue05

chrisoldroyd

It tried to update the watched status when you started watching blacklist - Philomena, but got stuck in a loop trying to open the video database. So when playback ended, nothing happened because of it.

Ok, what would cause that? Any ideas?

Could it be that my wife was watching something on another box at the same time using the same Emby login?

Angelblue05

Nope. Just seems like a bug. I've never seen it do that loop before. But maybe @ might have an idea about it.

chrisoldroyd

also make sure you dont have your Emby Trakt plugin on the emby server set to sync watched status from the Trakt system to Emby.

This is how it is setup in there

5919679914dff_Trakt.jpg

chrisoldroyd

yeah it does look like it is opening and closing the video DB a lot, every second. at the moment I dont know why.

Anything I can do? I uninstalled the TRAKT plugin, deleted the trakt.xml and dll files and reinstalled. It worked a few times but now I am getting shows not being marked as watched in Emby again.

Thanks

Chris

chrisoldroyd

Nope. Just seems like a bug. I've never seen it do that loop before. But maybe @ might have an idea about it.

I did a complete reinstall on my Fire TV last night and no difference. This is the bug I am seeing regularly and think it's related to the watched status issue?

https://youtu.be/-2QfXVDhkPg

• 6 months later...

Our Trakt plugin has been updated to 3.1.2. Due to Trakt API changes, you will need to install the update, and then re-authenticate using the trakt plugin configuration screen.

In addition, there are improvements to the Trakt syncing process. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !