Shield playback stops

Mozy

I am having a issue where playback on my Shield stops after about 1 min. Logs sent at around 8:02pm PST. Media Center 8 watching Jurassic Park.

Device is connected via wired lan.

I have tried clearing the cache, switching various options in the settings including limiting bitrate, and I'm stuck.

Another side issue is during the playback the audio had pops and cracks in it.

Thanks for your help!

He did do that initially.

Mozy - the item is direct streaming in VLC and, for some reason, VLC thinks it has ended so is just stopping.  We have seen this happen very rarely in the mobile app but I think this is the first report of it in the TV one - perhaps because it doesn't use VLC as much anymore.

Two things I'd like you to try if you can.  The first is a real wild guess but, if you can, try removing that embedded image from the file.  If you don't know how to do that, that's fine.

The other thing is to use the "Playback problem" menu option before the item quits playing to force it to play in the internal player.  Then see if the problem persists.

Let us know how it goes.  Thanks!

Hi Luke and ebr,

I have sent new logs at 8:50am pst.

Selecting the "Playback problem"  button worked! Hopefully there is a solve that doesn't include hitting that button every time?

I am looking into how to remove the embedded image now.

Also, If it helps, I tested on WMC and mobile devices and the playback is working fine except on the Shield. Attached is my server log if that sheds more light on anything.

Thanks for your help!

server-63630250347.txt

ffmpeg-remux-563f77f7-353b-420a-83b3-38bcc44f5904.txt

Quick update, I removed the embedded image using mp3tag, and playback continues to stop in the same place.

What kind of outboard equipment is the Shield hooked to?  The system is not reporting any advanced audio support (no DTS or DD).

I decided to try something different with my setup, and went from the shield to the sound bar via HDMI instead of optical and then HDMI to the tv, and it worked with a clean signal coming through! I never would have thought to try that without your help. Thanks ebr!!

Edited by Mozy

• 3 weeks later...

Hey ebr,

The problem came back but a little different. Logs sent from Shield at 12:14pm Pacific.

Lately the issue happens further into a movie vs early. I am able to resume, but the stopping does recur as the movie continues. 

I was watching Avatar 3D on a Shield, with a wired connection.

Thanks for your help!

server-63632151148.txt

There is an update for the app heading out today.  If nothing else, it has a few more logging messages that may shed some light so let's see what happens with it.  Thanks.