Wont resume after fast forwarding

TylerV76

TylerV76

Windows 10 AMD 4130 Quad Core 3.8 processor, 4gb ram , Emby version 3.2.15.0

If I try to fast forward any of my recordings the recording doesnt resume. I dont get any error or anything, it just sits on the screen sowing the image where I tried to fast forward from.  I just started using emby so Im not real familiar with it but Ive tried searching all possible solutions and got nothing yet. Logs attached.

ffmpeg-transcode-b27b0191-2430-44ce-9702-d41ac7069213.txt

TylerV76

Hi, what emby app are you trying to play from?

It happens on all of them including through Chrome on the server PC. Others were Amazon Fire Tv and XBox one.

TylerV76

Yes, through the Live Tv section. Right now Im having to sync them with Plex to allow skipping and fast forwarding. I just tried Firefox and get the same thing.

On the detail screen of the web app, does it display a duration of the .ts file? thanks !

TylerV76

On the detail screen of the web app, does it display a duration of the .ts file? thanks !

Yes, it shows the episode being 1 hour and 4 minutes. 

Edited by TylerV76

TylerV76

This is what I get when I skip ahead. Is this the page you're referring to or the one where I would select to play the file? Sorry for the picture quality.

59146abda4ab0_recording.png

Edited by TylerV76

@@TylerV76, we are looking into this. In the meantime what I would suggest doing is enabling the recording conversion feature. if you allow them to be recorded to mkv then you'll have no issues seeking. thanks !

TylerV76

@@TylerV76, we are looking into this. In the meantime what I would suggest doing is enabling the recording conversion feature. if you allow them to be recorded to mkv then you'll have no issues seeking. thanks !

Ok. This is what you're talking about right?

5915aef03ea9f_mkv.jpg

Edited by TylerV76

Yea what's happening is the raw .ts recordings are a little tricky to seek, so if you allow it to be converted to mkv then you'll end up with a recording file that is much easier for video players to work with. Thanks !

TylerV76

Yea what's happening is the raw .ts recordings are a little tricky to seek, so if you allow it to be converted to mkv then you'll end up with a recording file that is much easier for video players to work with. Thanks !

Excellent, thank you very much for the help. Greatly appreciate it.

TylerV76

Ok that sorta worked but mostly made it worse. If I convert to MKV I can skip ahead 15 seconds no matter how far I try to skip. In Plex if I try to skip ahead it just restarts the episode. For now Im going to have to keep it as a ts file and play it in Plex as it allows me to skip ahead properly. Not a huge deal but I would definitely like to control all of this through Emby. I also noticed Emby didnt show my recording as available unless I went to the recent recordings tab.