[FR] My Wishlist for Emby on Android TV

CrowTC

CrowTC

Here is my short list of things I would like to see in the Emby App for Android TV.  I don't know what may have been suggested previously, so consider this a bit of a suggestion dump.  Some of these features might be better being disable-able from settings.

1. Year View - I have movies going back into the 1920s in my library, and I sometimes like to just semi-randomly pick a year and watch something released that year.  I would love to see a view, similar to the Genre view that allows me to browse my library grouped by year.  This might be a server-side thing.

2. File Details - I would love to be able to view the file details (filename, size, etc.) possibly via a special screen accessible from the movie details screen.

3. Web Links - since most android devices have web browsers, my television being no exception, it would be nice to link to things like IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes directly on the television.

4. Enhanced Media Navigation - add a method to navigate media from the details view.  Basically a "previous/next" from the details page.  Right now, you have to back out to the list screen to go to the next movie or show.

5. Remote Button Support - My Sony Bravia television remote has 4 colored buttons (yellow, blue, red and green) that are used for various functions at least in the pre-installed Sony apps.  Maybe there is some way to use these?

That is all I can think of at the moment...

If there is anything I can do to help improve Emby on Sony Bravia TVs, let me know...

Thanks for all your hard work!

P.S. It looks like I posted this in the wrong forum, please move this to the Feature Requests forum...

Edited by TedC
  • Like 2

Although it seems tedious, it is really best to put these in separate requests so they can be tracked separately.

1 Needs to be requested for the system overall

2 Is partially available now if you turn on the "Debug Options"

3 I don't think the standard Android boxes (Shield, Fire, etc.) have browsers on them

4 Perhaps - but with this buried in a single post with other requests it is hard to gauge the interest :).

5 Most of the boxes don't have these buttons.  They would only be available on true Android TVs and they would be entirely "undiscoverable".  This usually means we work to implement and support a feature that is utilized by about 1% of users.

• Like 1