Emby picture hangs from time to time

latinumking

latinumking

Hi there, I purchased lifetime key and I am very happy basically with Emby premiere. I set up 2 servers one on my old synology ds1010+ Diskstation, one on a rather new Intel nuc. The streaming from both devices struggles, the sound continues, while the picture freezes. If I return and restart the footage, everything is fine again. I used to have kodi running before, same configuration, never had a hookup. I'm on a gigabit Lan, never had performance issues. Is there a setup that I need to set? Thank you for your help.

Gesendet von meinem MI MAX mit Tapatalk

latinumking

I'm using latest Android version. Android for TV does not work at all. I have a mxiii 4k android box

latinumking

Thank you for this info, I'm new to that forum, will read and report accordingly.

latinumking

Enclose is the file from the time being. The data is on a synology ds1010+, access from Emby server on the ds1010+ or a Intel nuc server often freezes picture. The problem occurs in same building on several TV with Android 5.1 mxiii-g boxes. Is the 1010+ too slow? I never had kodi playback issues like hanging in exact same configuration. Thank you for your help. emy_log-1.txt

hi @@latinumking, unfortunately this is only a portion of a log file. We'd really like to see a complete log so that we can get a full understanding of what is happening with your emby server. Can you please restart the server, then attempt to play your video again. Then once you've experienced the problem, then please attach the complete log file. Thanks !

latinumking

hi @@latinumking, unfortunately this is only a portion of a log file. We'd really like to see a complete log so that we can get a full understanding of what is happening with your emby server. Can you please restart the server, then attempt to play your video again. Then once you've experienced the problem, then please attach the complete log file. Thanks !

Hi Luke, I can do this, but the Problem is that it happens with every video once in a while. , so I can restart the server and start watching an note, when it happens. It happens on different players and on different servers. The source of the videos is the same although. I did not find a logic in when and why it happens. Gigabit Lan is here. Will resend full log stating time when it occurs. Thank you for your time and help. Andreas

Thanks. Just to save us time from additional back and forth, I notice from the log you posted that an ffmpeg session was involved. If that's the case then please make sure to attach both the emby server log and the ffmpeg log. you can find them both in the same logs directory. thanks !

latinumking

I got the issue twice in a movie, enclosed I send the log file once 11.18 and once 11.34, no mpg file log this time. I wonder if it is connected to the file format, I watched another movie without any issue before.

Can you update the emby for android app and see if that helps? thanks !

latinumking

I did update, there a change, it freezes for a moment, catches up the picture and continues. But still not OK, not smooth at all, shall I send the new log?

Perhaps the bitrate is just too high. have you tried lowering quality in order to make it convert to a smaller size? you can do this right inside the video player by tapping the gear icon.

latinumking

Perhaps the bitrate is just too high. have you tried lowering quality in order to make it convert to a smaller size? you can do this right inside the video player by tapping the gear icon.

I will try, however the file plays flawless in Kodi, without lowering quality, but I'm not that technical skilled to understand.

• 3 months later...
latinumking

Hi again, in the meantime, I did reduce the Bitrate to 1080p 5 MB and have still that issue. Furthermore, I installed Emby to an additional I7 server. Basically, I have the freezing when I stream from data from the emby server with always latest software from disk station (ds1010+ being 7 years old, setup as raid 5 environment ) and also from a intel nuc with l7 processor. The cable based LAN is 1gb ethernet. Im really clueless what the issue is and how to test. When the freeze happens, there is only one user connected to the server and the NAS is not fully busy. The I7 has SSD, so I might put footage on the SSD and mount an additional directory to see if bandwidth of disk station might be an issue. The player on the TV is a Android based mxiii g player with quad-core arm7 processor , with kodi, I never had picture freezes on that box. Do you have an idea or hint that my help me in my search and help me solve my issue? Thanks and regards

Lati

Gesendet von meinem MI MAX 2 mit Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
latinumking

@@latinumking are you still having this issue with the latest releases? thanks !

Hi Luke, unfortunately yes and it is very difficult to trace it down, I will try this weekend with a skilled IT guy. Somewhere must be a weak spot with bandwidth, either diskstation 1010+ android topbox or wherever. I installed 2 emby server one on the diskstation, one on an Intel I7 nuc. I have the impression when I stream from I7 ssd m2, no hanging of footage. But not enough evidence so far. As the hdds in my syno are all wd red on a raid 5, I personally doubt that the bandwidth provided with the syno breaks, as there is not much load beside of emby footage being played. As other users do not seem to have it, it must be an issue in my setup.

I will keep you posted, if you have a clue, I would also appreciate.

Cheers, Lati

latinumking

After long analysis, I found several interesting things in my setup: it seems that all my 3 Android boxes mxg 3 can reproduce the problem. If I put a win 10 notebook and start playing from there, I don't have that picture drops anymore. Another interesting aspect, the emby server on my synology ds1010+ is too slow, footage cannot be always displayed properly. The old atom processor gets hick up. I will continue my tests, but I think, I found the problem. Cheers, Lati