Unable to delete recordings

ausvette
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

ausvette

Running Emby server 3.2.15.0, hdhomerun tuner.

All working fine with livetv except I can't delete recordings. There is no icon shown for deleting a recording and under the "..." options, no delete there either. Same from emby theater on a client and on the emby server web gui.

I recently changed from nextpvr with emby server, I had various issues with that - but deleting recordings worked.

My server log files are attached.

server-63630016980.txt

Thanks!

If the button is not even showing up then i would check permissions for that emby user. since recordings from Emby are just a regular media library, they need to be able to delete media. let us know if this helps. thanks !

ausvette

If the button is not even showing up then i would check permissions for that emby user. since recordings from Emby are just a regular media library, they need to be able to delete media. let us know if this helps. thanks !

Recording directory is referenced as a share with full control everyone. I checked from a client emby theater and was able to manually delete the files in the recording share no problem.

Recording directory is on the same system as the server and even accessing from the server web gui, going to recordings doesn't show a delete button.

ausvette

so you're able to delete from emby theater?

I can't delete from either of my 2 client pcs via emby theater - the delete button doesn't show.

I can delete from these pcs manually at a OS level.

No I'm actually referring to permissions inside emby for that emby user. Thanks.

ausvette

No I'm actually referring to permissions inside emby for that emby user. Thanks.

Sorry!

post-4966-0-73957300-1494394058_thumb.jpg

post-4966-0-02479700-1494394075_thumb.jpg

• Solution

under feature access, check the box to allow media deletion.

• Like 1

ausvette

under feature access, check the box to allow media deletion.

Ok thanks!

Now I have the delete icon showing for recordings. But it is also now showing for movies, tv - everything in the library?

yea we plan in a future update to allow you to pick which libraries to allow deleting for.