Gamebrowser project 64 and zsnes/epsxe

Ghostm

I am nearly done with my emulator setup, but for some reason for project 64 when i launch from media browser theater i get unable to open file, when i point to the file in project 64 itself it works fine.

Im just using the predefined path argument. Not sure why it keeps saying unable to open file. Im also using 1.6 of project 64.

Also I have force close player on stop button, but for some reason with these two it keeps playing in the background when I hit the stop button, I end up having to close it with task manager.

Is their anything i can do to fix that, or will i have to use xpadder to add escape button profile for those two emulators? I just want to make sure its not something im doing wrong.

Thanks for the replies. 

Media browser theater. And yes project 64 opens it when i try it outside media browser theater, i open it manually click file open, and point to my network where the games are on and it works fine.

Before i update though as I seen my error on google lead me to hyperspin forum where people solved this moving to 1.7 for project 64, does anyone have it working with 1.6?

Edited by Ghostm

I dont know i was fooling around with the latest media browser dev version in external players just checking everything and i copied and pasted the link to project 64 exe again just to make sure and now its acting extremely funny, the external players in general when selecting game now all show Nintendo 64 and wont let me change it. 

It wont let me select a game system now, its just stuck now on nintendo 64, and I dont see a way to remove external players? So I tried to create another one, and the external player just continues to show Nintendo 64 for game system and wont let me change but since i am trying to add that system anyway I just continued, but then when you hit submit it says ERROR please select a game system.

I dont know if its a bug but now this really throws a wrench in dealing with my other issue.  The play button is now gone for nintendo 64 games..... this is so weird how the external players for games just went haywire when I tried to copy and paste the path into external players again. My other systems are working fine yet despite showing nintendo 64 in every game system.

Edited by Ghostm

Also noticed this post with the same issue.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/4452-mbt-emulatorexternal-player/

But now my external player when selecting game has a bug or something just went haywire so I cant even test it at the moment.

I think the issue is with us using 1.6

Edited by Ghostm

Well its definitely a bug with the latest dev version of mb theater and the game selection in external player......... unless its something with my server suddenly, but I installed mb theater on another completely separate pc and when you select external player I cant change it, its just stuck on Nintendo 64 and wont let me change it....then says error please select a system.

Unless someone confirms this is not an issue with the latest dev version of media browser theater i hope this gets fixed, i am guessing people will be popping up on the forum asking why they cant change the game system and why its stuck.

Edited by Ghostm

Redshirt

Ghostm, you'll need to update to 1.7 or newer of project64, or use a different n64 emu such as mupen or 1964. Version 1.6 of project64 won't work with MBT.

As for why only the one game system is showing up, I suspect it's a gamebrowser server config error. As I have no issues toggling through all my gamesystems on the current dev version of MBT.

hello

i try with  1964 i have the same thing , i don't want update 1.7 because it's not portable version

i wil try with mupen...

Does MBT automatically wrap {PATH} in quotes when calling the custom player ? yes always

want to know when can we hope to play pc game?

just a Date approximate ?

Edited by lufykun

Ghostm, you'll need to update to 1.7 or newer of project64, or use a different n64 emu such as mupen or 1964. Version 1.6 of project64 won't work with MBT.

As for why only the one game system is showing up, I suspect it's a gamebrowser server config error. As I have no issues toggling through all my gamesystems on the current dev version of MBT.

Hmm so it sounds like its my server then suddenly, do you think i should re-add everything? I really have not touched my configuration, when i was trying out the direct path substitution option i did add games, im not sure if that wrecked it, i wasnt going to add games, but in the latest dev server version it said you can add path substitution even for games.

I also updated to the latest server dev version to try to fix a separate error, are you on the latest dev server as well? Im on Version 3.0.5157.367, Gamebrowser also updated for me when the latest dev version updated. 

Edited by Ghostm

Redshirt

It's not your server. It's just an incompatibility with MBT and Project64 1.6. If you upgrade to the newer versions of Project64 the issue will go away.

No but I cant select anything in mbtheater and it wont let me add nintendo 64 properly anymore. How do i explain it, its so wonky this is going to be tough.

Right now i cannot toggle game systems in an external player under games, every time i switch to games it just shows nintendo 64, and wont let me change it using the plus or minus, but since im trying to add nintendo 64 anyway I said what the heck, i add the path and location, but then i get error "please select a game system" and then it adds it anyway, but i cant open any of my nintendo 64 games their is no open button.

Also all my emulators external player setups now show nintendo 64 under game system. Even though their still working and I can launch games for them. The toggle system is stuck on nintendo 64. For instance under my nintendo external player, it now shows Nintendo 64, but its still working thankfully.

I just reinstalled game browser and readded my systems and relaunched mb theater, same thing. I go to external player, select game, nintendo 64 is all that shows and wont let me toggle it. I proceed anyway, and receive error please select a game system. 

I can take pictures if it will help, but if this is not a bug I dont know what else to do, it just happened when i switched to dev versions of the server and mb theater yesterday. 3 days ago i was adding systems and toggling systems with no issues. 

Edited by Ghostm

Here are pictures as well just to show what is happening, i can add more, but this for example is my super nintendo external player setup, thankfully its working great yet, but as you can see it now shows nintendo 64, and i cant change it, i cannot change game systems whatsoever. And my existing external players despite working all show Nintendo 64 now. As you can see the server shows all my systems, but in mb theater i cant select anything other then nintendo 64 in game systems in external players.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2yplrn4&s=8#.Uv7vXvldV8E

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=mlmcyp&s=8#.Uv7wePldV8E

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=rbmnud&s=8#.Uv7wqvldV8E

Edited by Ghostm

Redshirt

let me see your gamebrowser.xml in the servers plugins\configuration folder.

K here is my xml.

It says beta now because i uninstalled game browser today, and put the server back to beta and installed gamebrowser again, but when the issue popped up i upgraded the server to dev, and a new game browser update showed up and i had installed that.

It feels like im playing jenga, i was so close to having everything working and setup, and then it fell apart now with this external player issue. 

Edited by Ghostm

Can you let me know when you have it, or possibly delete my xml when you have it, i noticed my emumovies password and credentials are included. 

Redshirt

Nothing is wrong with that config. All the ConsoleType values are what they should be. Something else is stopping MBT from letting you configure the other emulators.

And the thing is I installed media browser theater on a completely separate pc and received the same issue, thats why unless its just happening to me the culprit has to be 3.0.5155.42825. at least i hope, because if not im completely out of ideas if its not a server side issue.

Fixed unable to scroll systems by reverting back to beta server builds.

Project 64 2.1 works....

One last question though, epsxe, and i think zsnes wont close properly when you select force close player on stop. Epsxe for instance plays music in the background and if you run task manager you can see epsxe process is still running.

Is their anyway around this, or will we have to set up xpadder profiles and map escape buttons to our controller? I believe they both need to be closed with an escape button, instead of stop.