Adding tags to multiple movies at a time?

gleep52

gleep52

Is it possible to add a tag to multiple movies at the same time?  The only way I see to do tags right now is to find the movie -> edit info -> scroll ALLLL the way down -> add the tag you want -> save... 

Is there a way to do this to a selection of movies at the same time?

• Agree 1

• 4 months later...

Bulk editing is planned for a future release. Thanks !

Just wanted to add that I also have interest in this. Moving from Plex there's a lot of movies I'd like to tag and being able to batch tag them would be a great convenience.

Thanks! 

• 5 weeks later...
hooray4me

Is this actively being worked on? If not is there a way on the backend to programmaticly add a tag to multiple items? 

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
oneduality

Just wanted to add that I also have interest in this. Moving from Plex there's a lot of movies I'd like to tag and being able to batch tag them would be a great convenience.

Thanks! 

I will likely be jumping ship soon..  I love Emby but it's not going anywhere it seems.. Still one of the best, but lagging behind.

Edited by oneduality

This is still something we're interested in but there have been other things with greater demand. Hopefully we can look at it soon. Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 year later...
On 12/24/2019 at 10:01 PM, Luke said:

This is still something we're interested in but there have been other things with greater demand. Hopefully we can look at it soon. Thanks for the feedback.

Was this ever implemented? Looking to do this now.

21 hours ago, Luke said:

Not yet, sorry.

Thanks for the response. Hopefully this gets added soon. In the meantime, I just used the Find/Replace in all documents in Notepad++. Not quite as elegant but it got the job done quickly.

4 hours ago, Skopin said:

Thanks for the response. Hopefully this gets added soon. In the meantime, I just used the Find/Replace in all documents in Notepad++. Not quite as elegant but it got the job done quickly.

How exactly did you do that?

34 minutes ago, cayars said:

I don't know what he did, but I do know that you can edit the nfo files to manipulate the metadata, tags included, and that will propagate back up the tubes to the DB.

That's what I'm hoping he did and not tried to use search and replace against a database.

16 minutes ago, cayars said:

That's what I'm hoping he did and not tried to use search and replace against a database.

😬

I've seen this done at least 3 times in the last few months.

Ironically 2 of those times the person did a direct replacement with the same amount of chars and it seemed to work.
But overall it's a bad thing to attempt as you should always use SQL language to modify databases.

The other time was not pretty. LOL

14 hours ago, cayars said:

I just opened all the nfo files I wanted to edit in Notepad++, then used Find and Replace (ctrl+H) to add in the tags. In my case, I was just adding a tag for kid-appropriate content. I did one manually through the metadata editor within Emby to see where in the nfo file it would be added. Then I just did a replace on the last few characters of the line before and first few characters of the line after (studio>\n  <actor) with the tag I was using (genre>\n  <tag>Kids</tag>\n  <actor). I had to do a couple manually, but I was able to get them all done in about 3 minutes.