Viewing movie trailers

ThaDraGun

ThaDraGun

One thing I really hate about the android tv version vs the regular android app version is that there are no movie trailers. Why??

In the regular app there is a trailer button in each movie. When I click the button it opens up the YouTube video.

Will this feature ever be implemented? Just seems really dumb that it's in one and not the other..

Hi. We just haven't gotten to it yet in this app. YouTube is much more integrated with mobile devices.

• 2 weeks later...
soundoforient@web.de

please i am bagging you integrate it somehow i purchased 1 year premiere and I have to realize that I cannot see any trailers on my sony android tv. It is really a must have for me :)

Edited by soundoforient@web.de

ThaDraGun

I know eh! It's such a basic feature that all the other big apps have! Even some of the small guys with free movie streaming apps allow you to watch trailers from their android tv app. It can't be that complicated to implement. Especially when the regular emby app already has the feature!

You try to decide on a movie to watch, usually you watch the trailer first! So what do I have to do, go out of emby, open the YouTube app find the trailer, go back into emby, look for a different movie, go out of emby, open YouTube. Repeat, repeat.... Pain in the *ss!

I would rather use the regular android version with a keyboard and mouse. It's sucks, but better then switching back and forth.

Please add this soon!

We are going as fast as we can to add the features that you all want. Thanks !

• 1 month later...
godbodian

We are going as fast as we can to add the features that you all want. Thanks !

Hey Luke, until this is resolved is there any form of work around?

I think this or a work around is the solution to a current issue I'm having.

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

The beta of the app going up now (1.4.24) has basic YouTube trailer support.

Right now, they will open in the YT app.  In the future, we hope to make them a bit more integrated.

• Like 1