MKV Tags

quickmic

quickmic

Please add mkv metadata support. thx

root@multimedia:/usr/lib/emby-server# /usr/bin/ffprobe /mnt/storage1/music/videos/3/3\ Doors\ Down/3\ Doors\ Down\ -\ Loser.mkv
ffprobe version 2.8.11 Copyright © 2007-2017 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 4.9.2 (Debian 4.9.2-10)
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-cflags='-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security ' --extra-ldflags='-Wl,-z,relro' --cc='ccache cc' --enable-shared --enable-libmp3lame --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --enable-libfaac --enable-libxvid --enable-postproc --enable-x11grab --enable-libgsm --enable-libtheora --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libx264 --enable-libspeex --enable-nonfree --disable-stripping --enable-libvpx --enable-libschroedinger --disable-encoder=libschroedinger --enable-version3 --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-librtmp --enable-avfilter --enable-libfreetype --enable-libvo-aacenc --disable-decoder=amrnb --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libaacplus --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --disable-vda --enable-libbluray --enable-libcdio --enable-gnutls --enable-frei0r --enable-openssl --enable-libass --enable-libopus --enable-fontconfig --enable-libpulse --disable-mips32r2 --disable-mipsdspr1 --disable-mipsdspr2 --enable-libvidstab --enable-libzvbi --enable-avresample --disable-htmlpages --disable-podpages --enable-libutvideo --enable-libfdk-aac --enable-libx265 --enable-libbs2b --enable-libilbc --enable-libkvazaar --enable-libopenh264 --enable-libiec61883 --enable-vaapi --enable-opencl --enable-libdc1394 --disable-altivec --shlibdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
  libavutil      54. 31.100 / 54. 31.100
  libavcodec     56. 60.100 / 56. 60.100
  libavformat    56. 40.101 / 56. 40.101
  libavdevice    56.  4.100 / 56.  4.100
  libavfilter     5. 40.101 /  5. 40.101
  libavresample   2.  1.  0 /  2.  1.  0
  libswscale      3.  1.101 /  3.  1.101
  libswresample   1.  2.101 /  1.  2.101
  libpostproc    53.  3.100 / 53.  3.100
Input #0, matroska,webm, from '/mnt/storage1/music/videos/3/3 Doors Down/3 Doors Down - Loser.mkv':
  Metadata:
    encoder         : libebml v1.3.1 + libmatroska v1.4.2
    creation_time   : 2015-10-09 11:27:47
    ARTIST          : 3 Doors Down
    TITLE           : Loser
    YEAR            :
  Duration: 00:04:23.83, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 674 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (Main), yuv420p, 640x480 [sAR 1:1 DAR 4:3], 23.97 fps, 23.97 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc (default)
    Stream #0:1: Audio: aac (LC), 44100 Hz, stereo, fltp (default)

quickmic

Well, I added musicvideos to the library, but seems the metadata of the matroska files are ignored.

Metadata manager info:

Path: /mnt/storage1/music/videos/3/3 Doors Down/3 Doors Down - Loser.mkv

Title: 3 Doors Down - Loser

Artists: -> nothing (empty field)

So, it seems Emby just inserts the filename as title.

Can Emby handle mkv tags in general?... I'll check, my config for musicvideos again...

Edited by quickmic

we already do support embedded metadata. Did you explore the settings in library setup related to embedded titles?

quickmic

Yes, I guess all settings are on default, but this option seems suspicious "Prefer embedded titles over filenames". It's currently not checked.

Anyway, I'll run a view tests and give you an update asap.

thx for your help

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

Hello Luke

I ran a couple of tests but always got similar result. -> No Artist info.

e.g. changing settings to "Prefer embedded titles over filenames" results in a title "Loser" but still no artist.

(without checked "Prefer embedded titles over filenames"), Changing the Library input path to "/mnt/storage1/music/videos/3/3 Doors Down/" instead of /mnt/storage1/music/videos/3/" (as on a previous test) reflects also to a title "Loser" and no Artist.

If, as you say mkv tags are readable, maybe there is a bug somewhere and the Artist is ignored in case of music videos.

I would suspect when checking "Prefer embedded titles over filenames", everything else (Folder structure etc) will be ignored and just grab the info from the metadata. But that's not the case.

btw. I have almost the same folderstructure and filenames for audio-music in use, and works great.

... continue tests

Edited by quickmic

Can you provide a sample file for testing? i've tested, no problem found.

quickmic

Link comes via PM

btw, don't trust VLC in case of mkv tags.

VLC messes here..

Edited by quickmic

CharleyVarrick

I do have over 1k music videos (mp4, mkv and other formats) none of which ever get scrapped.

They simply get added to library using file name. If I want artist name to show I have to edit detailed info view individually (same goes for album). Video title defaults to  file name.

Edited by jlr19

quickmic
If I want artist name to show I have to edit detailed info view individually

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Why is it not automatically added? This is imho a bug. The info is availabe on metadata or grabbed from filename.

Video title is file name by default.

Not in all cases. Sometimes it's the filename, sometimes it's the correct title. Depends how I add the data.

Edited by quickmic

CharleyVarrick

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Why is it not automatically added? This is imho a bug. The info is availabe on metadata or grabbed from filename.

In Dashboard, Library, Metadata tab, Customize for media type: Music Videos

It says metadata downloader is MovieDB.

These guys wouldn't be the first I'd ask for music videos recognition

Edited by jlr19

quickmic

Thx, for the hint. I unchecked MovieDB in musicvideos section and give it another shot.

Just to make this absolutely straight. All my videos are named as "Artist - Title" and also all mkv are tagged with Artist and Title (sometimes additionally year). All I want is Emby should put those infos into the internal DB. -> The Emby metadata manager should grab those infos.

CharleyVarrick

Thx, for the hint. I unchecked MovieDB in musicvideos section and give it another shot.

Just to make this absolutely straight. All my videos are named as "Artist - Title" and also all mkv are tagged with Artist and Title (sometimes additionally year). All I want is Emby should put those infos into the internal DB. -> The Emby metadata manager should grab those infos.

I know, I would want that too, but its not going to happen anytime soon when the only metadata provider available is moviedb. I am guessing we should be able to select Musicbrainz or the AudioDB, so I have my finger crossed that someone will fix it one day. In the meantime, you have to edit all your music videos manually...

quickmic

I tried again and not working even with unchecked MovieDB.

I give up here. I simply don't get it why it's not possible to grab metadata from files.

Anyway, if this is the way it works I wait too :(

quickmic

I wrote a little tool which exports all my mkv's metadata to nfo files and rebuild the library. It works now :) The infos are correctly added to the emby's metadata manager.

btw, Emby is handling the musicvideos same as movies. Imho this is not the way it should be. e.g. Musicvideos are sorted by title (if there is as single song per artist), but it should be sorted by artist. -> It should be handled same as Audio music.

My opinion, musicvideos function need a complete reimplementation, but I can deal with it now. (Kodi is working correctly with the correct metadata)