NFO files are not being created

Wonkman1

Wonkman1

I am running version 3.2.13.0 on my QNAP NAS running firmware 4.3.3.0154.  As the title reads, the NFO files are no longer being created for TV shows and movies.  I do see some errors in the logs, but I am not sure what they are referring to.  I have attached the latest log to my post

EmbyLog.txt

hi @@Wonkman1, go into Emby library setup, click on each library one at a time, and ensure that you've enabled saving metadata to local media folders. let us know if this helps. thanks !

Wonkman1

I made the change this morning, I have seen a few files created.  Was this a default settings change recently?  I have NFO files for older things, but not new files.   So at some point this did work.

Not quite recently, at least six months ago I would say. Now that you have it enabled, over time as the items get saved nfo's will be generated.

• 2 months later...
snowypete

Just noticed the same problem with mine! So after the box is checked for save meta data, I don't have to do a full rescan - the server will just do it on it's scheduled task and make the nfo files for the ones that were missed?

Thanks

Pete

Just noticed the same problem with mine! So after the box is checked for save meta data, I don't have to do a full rescan - the server will just do it on it's scheduled task and make the nfo files for the ones that were missed?

Thanks

Pete

No, only future refreshes, so you need to refresh those titles manually.

• 2 weeks later...
joeroot

go into Emby library setup, click on each library one at a time, and ensure that you've enabled saving metadata to local media folders. let us know if this helps. thanks !