Watched flag applies just after playing any video

cyberrage

cyberrage

Yesterday i decided to do a brand new Kodi installation on my windows 10 x64 htpc, i uninstalled and cleared everything from previous installation and installed a brand new clean Kodi 17.1. I installed emby for kodi along with everything else i need, libraries got imported without any issue and everything works flawless EXCEPT everytime i play any file even for some seconds they get flagged as watched; I play a movie or a tv serie, istantly stop it then i watch the title on kodi switching from unwatched to watched in 5 to 10 seconds after i stopped it, this however doesn't occur if i fast forward to lets say a 1/4 of the duration and stop it because it gets flagged as a resumable file and just keeps that state. I already tried fixing the library and resetting it to make a complete import from scratch but that didnt solve my issue, i dont even have a user selected in the emby server for nfo watched status so... i'm lost here. The strangest thing is that i didnt have this behaviour before the new installation so either i messed something up there or some updates to the emby server changed it. The emby server is running on a windows server 2012 R2 machine and i'm using native paths on the emby/kodi client. Please help me, i'm out of ideas!

Edited by cyberrage

cyberrage

In the emby web app do these videos show a run time?

Yes, looking in the forums i crossed by someone having the same problem turning out he was missing runtime but unfortunately its not my case

Also - are the files ISOs?

No, just "regular" mkv

xnappo

Please post a log - see the how to report a problem thread.

cyberrage

Please post a log - see the how to report a problem thread.

Alright thank you, i'm attaching the log.

I found the line where the movie get marked in the log here but i dont understand why since i only played it for 5 seconds, i even tried to manually set the watched % in the advancedsettings.xml file of kodi but nothing changed

16:41:44.453 T:5692  NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> Mark as watched for itemid: 01a28c117d1d74a51e2f33d6c8ae8c2b

could it may be linked to this?

16:41:21.463 T:5692  NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> Could not retrieve item Id

kodi.log

Edited by cyberrage

if you play in the emby web app, does it stay marked as watched there?

cyberrage

No... if i play it for few seconds in the emby web app and then go back it doesnt get flagged as watched

Angelblue05

@@cyberrage

Yes the fact that it can't find the item in the database is indeed at play here.

Where did you start playback from? The library section or a widget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyberrage

Install this build from zip (kodi > addons), let me know if it resolves it.

Yeah It fixed it! Thank you so much!  :D

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, the fix will be part of the next Emby for Kodi beta release. You can keep using the version I gave you until then.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Oh, right. Ok, I reverted it back.

Two options then, add a homescreen verification or fallback to using data if the dialog contains no id.

@

I've pushed the fix once again, it should be fine now and account for that new widget change.

Edited by Angelblue05