Resetting External Player Amazon Fire TV Emby App

NickNer

NickNer

Hi I have been using Emby since it was MediaBrowser and just want to say thank you guys for all the hard work you put into this media solution.

I just bought a fire tv and have downloaded the Emby App and have set external players to different players to always open so I am getting different movies to open with different players i.e. VLC, Kodi...Which I don't want. I would like to reset this so my media all opens with VLC. I tried making a new profile and signing in with that on the firetv but this did not work, I have deleted the app and restarted the fire tv box but even after I reinstall and set the app settings to external players the app will still open different movies with different apps is there any way to fix this so I can see that pop up again where it shows which player you would like to use?

NickNer

Never mind, I did some further experimenting and if you uninstall VLC or kodi it will show the pop up again and my guess is if you added another external player to your system the pop up would reappear as well.

The Android os is controlling this not the app. You should be able to configure it in the device settings.