No Compatible Streams

nagetech

Same exact issues on beta version ebr.I can get this error any time by choice by following process above.

Okay, thanks.  Can I get you to please cause the problem and then send a log from the app?

Never mind on the log.  Please try again with .60 when it is available.

Thanks.

Primetime

just let me know if you need anything..i did send a log from the app before i read what you said ebr

Sent a log through the app.
4:16 pm
Server name: Primetime
User: Emby

Primetime

The beta .60 seemed to solve the no compatible streams error for me..still having problems with turning subs off and on  and switching audio tracks in beta version but looking much better.In emby roku app .54 turning subs off and on works to perfection but there is a issue with switching audio tracks in both emby and emby beta on the roku app.

Edited by Primetime

but there is a issue with switching audio tracks in both emby and emby beta on the roku app.

And what would that issue be...?

Primetime

ebr you asked about the audio issue and not the sub so that is what i will reply to.In emby app for roku i choose a file to play that has both a acc track and a dts track.Click play,file starts playing.Click down on roku remote that brings up options to change audio track or disable or enable sub.Click sound icon it displays eng aac stereo and eng dts 5.1 as options.Click down and select 5.1 track.Nothing happens.Click down again and select sound icon again and see that 5.1 is showing as checked.So something did happen but when i originally selected 5.1 i was expecting vid to reload and play with 5.1 sound.That didnt happen.So i hit back to stop vid from playing.At this point on the main screen that has the vids info i see that the aac switches to dts 5.1.So i click resume play again.Now its playing in 5.1 so i select sound icon again and choose aac track.Vid reloads and is playing in aac.Now lets switch back to 5.1.Click 5.1 nothing happens same as before.Hit back to stop vid from playing main screen says 5.1.Hit resume.Starts playing but this time not in 5.1 but aac.At this point i have to keep hitting 5.1 and backing out using the back button until i see it switch to 5.1 on the main screen before i can get it to switch to 5.1 again.I could be wrong but i would think normal behavior would be anytime you switch from aac to 5.1 the vid should reload and play in 5.1 and vice versa?

I just checked same file in beta and it is allowing the change from 5.1 to aac and aac to 5.1 on the fly but its not consistent either.Sometimes it seems to get stuck in 5.1 and will not go back to aac no matter what you do even exiting the app and come back in it still plays in dts even thou i have default track set to aac.At this point the only way i can make it change back to aac is leave the beta app.Open the emby app and play same file and change to aac and it changes back to aac if that makes sense? Now back in the beta app its acting the same way as the emby app was at the beginning of this post.Is not allowing changes.Both apps are erratic in behavior when switching audio tracks for me.Sometimes works sometimes doesn't it seems.

Edited by Primetime

First, understand that, regardless of your default audio settings, if you select a track manually during playback, that track will automatically be selected the next time you play that same item.

Now, what you describe sounds like maybe it is just taking a while to affect the change from AAC to DTS but there is no indication of this so you are thinking nothing is happening.

As a test, can you try that switch (from AAC to DTS) and then just wait for 30 seconds or so?

i use the last emby version from the buildserver (debian9) and have dirctly with a webbrowser or the emby android app the following error:

Playback Error, No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.​

I think it sounds the same?

i use the last emby version from the buildserver (debian9) and have dirctly with a webbrowser or the emby android app the following error:

Playback Error, No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.​

I think it sounds the same?

This is not in the Roku app, correct?

Primetime

thanks for reply ebr and info.I ran that test...played file..playing in acc..switched to dts 5.1..wait 3 minutes later no change..still playing in aac

correct it is a direct acess to the emby server

hi @@reacer, can you please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue? thanks !

thanks for reply ebr and info.I ran that test...played file..playing in acc..switched to dts 5.1..wait 3 minutes later no change..still playing in aac

Okay, please send a log from the app and then open a new topic for this issue with the information requested.  Thanks.

hi @@mottsen when @@ebr sees this in the morning he can advise on latest status. I thought we had a handle on this. He may have changes that haven't been submitted yet.

Of course, if you want to attach a server log from the combination of latest server + beta roku app, I'll be happy to review again in case there's something else we might have missed. Thanks.

I must have confused which app I started.  I was unable to reproduce in the beta app, but it looks like the fix hasn't been pushed to the standard app yet as I was able to reproduce it there.

Still want me to send the logs?

Ok then if it works in the beta app then at this point we're satisfied. Right now we just have to wait for it to get through the Roku approval process for it to reach the standard app. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
theniteow1

So, I was running into this issue as well when trying to playback recordings or stream videos from a web browser, iPad, etc.  I would get the same error "Playback Error - No compatible streams are currently available."    I tried updating to the latest version of Emby beta 3.2.70.11 and that didn't solve it.  I traced it back to an issue with transcoding.  I went into the transcoding section on Emby server and discovered the field H264 encoding CRF was BLANK!  I set it to a value, and boom everything started working.  I am pretty certain I never set this blank.  I believe this has been broken for a while, since we direct play most everything, but my son was trying to watch a movie on his iPad about a month ago and it wouldn't work.  I just blew it off it was an issue with the iPad itself, not realizing it was an issue with transcoding.  Hope this helps some people resolve this issue.

So, I was running into this issue as well when trying to playback recordings or stream videos from a web browser, iPad, etc.  I would get the same error "Playback Error - No compatible streams are currently available."    I tried updating to the latest version of Emby beta 3.2.70.11 and that didn't solve it.  I traced it back to an issue with transcoding.  I went into the transcoding section on Emby server and discovered the field H264 encoding CRF was BLANK!  I set it to a value, and boom everything started working.  I am pretty certain I never set this blank.  I believe this has been broken for a while, since we direct play most everything, but my son was trying to watch a movie on his iPad about a month ago and it wouldn't work.  I just blew it off it was an issue with the iPad itself, not realizing it was an issue with transcoding.  Hope this helps some people resolve this issue.

Duplicate posting of: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/55068-cant-play-anything-since-32700-playback-error-no-compatible-streams-are-currently-available/&do=findComment&comment=542738

theniteow1

@@Luke Sorry, for the duplicate but wanted to post the same information in this thread so people know how to resolve the issue.  Thanks!

Edited by theniteow1