Vb.net developers assemble

chef

There is a great file download on the github website for building a server plugin. Works great! Building it was easy.

However CS is not a native language to some developers.

Converting the cs files and trying to build a server plugin is messy.

I thought if there was any other vb developers around who wanted to convert the sample we could work together to get a good vb.net version for Luke to post on GitHub.

There are currently issues with a direct translation for cs and each line of code in the different classes need to be examined for translation.

Anyone interested?

No takers?

I'm goin' it alone... shouldn't be to hard, Luke has set up a nice example to go by. I just have to figure how to work in some of the Interfaces properly into the VB code.

Della Dog

No takers?

I'm goin' it alone... shouldn't be to hard, Luke has set up a nice example to go by. I just have to figure how to work in some of the Interfaces properly into the VB code.

Try the link below. I've used it many times to covert both online examples & complete applications. Since any .net language compiles down to identical IL and very few structural differences exist between both languages, rarely will you have conversion issues.

Unless, of course, there's errors in the original source.

http://converter.telerik.com

Edited by Della Dog

Redshirt

Is this what your looking for chef? You'll probably need to run the NuGet package restore before compiling.