Migrating Emby from Windows to QNAP

Starlionblue

Starlionblue

Does this file exist?

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Stuff/MediaBrowser config backup/Emby Backup - 2017-03-23 12.10.7 - Auto/profile.txt

It appears to still be trying to query the previous folder. Did you click save after entering the path? Can you try refreshing the page and/or restarting the server? thanks !

That is indeed the old path. I did click save, and it said "settings saved". 

I've tried restarting the server and now the old path no longer shows up in the log.

Backing up still works. I can see the files in Windows. However the plugin still gives me the spinning circle of doom for the list of previous backups, and I still get access errors in the log. Latest log here.

I've tried both of these in the plugin settings, but anyway I'm pretty sure they're the same location.

• /share/Public/Backup/Emby Backup
  • /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Public/Backup/Emby Backup
Edited by Starlionblue

Does this file exist?

/share/Public/Backup/Emby Backup/Emby Backup - 2017-03-23 12.10.7 - Auto/profile.txt

Starlionblue

Nope. The folder exists, but it is rather empty apart from another empty folder named "dlna".

This led me on a little Voyage of Discovery however. I deleted all the folders in /share/Public/Backup/Emby Backup/. Then I ran a new backup from the dashboard. I can now see it in the list.

Then I copied one of the backups from my "legacy" Windows Emby installation to /share/Public/Backup/Emby Backup/. I can now see that too.

I suspect that once I copied the "legacy" backups the first time they came with some baggage in the form or permissions. Now that the folder is in "Public", copying them again gives them good permissions. So all good.

I'm so sorry.

I can have the plugin recover from the absence of the file though. Thanks for helping out.

• Like 1

Starlionblue

I can have the plugin recover from the absence of the file though. Thanks for helping out.

No no. Thank you!

As a small token of my appreciation, I have made a new Premiere purchase (I already have lifetime Premiere). Because you guys are awesome and this software is awesome.

• Like 2

Starlionblue

Interesting wrinkle:

• Restored Emby server config from a Windows backup to the QNAP.
  • Fixed all the library paths.
  • Restarted Emby server on the QNAP.
  • Server configuration backup plugin gives spinning circle of doom.... Hmmm... Oh hang on, it restored the original backup path from Windows...  :D

We're pushing an update to the plugin to prevent this from happening again, thanks !

breezytm

Glad to hear you got everything all situated. I had a similar issue when I switched from Windows to QNAP back in 2015. Actually it sounds exactly the same. My issue was due to QNAP_Stephane deciding to make some wonky tweaks with the ProgramData-Server path. Emby plug-ins, especially the backup, did not like that. After he and I worked together, he was able to revert the change. 

See the last 2 post on that page and the 1 comment on the next page

https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=320&t=109476&start=120

Edited by breezytm