Live TV Issue

gallatig

gallatig

Having a problem viewing live TV on a Roku and FireTV

The video takes a very long time to start on the Roku.
It takes a while, but not as long on the FireTV.

When it does start it stops almost immediately, then starts again.  This continues.
At times its pixelated and at times there is no sound.

Other times I've tried, it does the same thing, but the loading will come up.

I have both a HDHomeRun Extend and HDHomeRun Connect

Roku and FireTV logs were upload my user or HTPC linked to my account, other logs attached.

Emby version 3.2.13.5 beta

In case anyone stumbles across this, I did resolve this issue.

The signal level of the stations would dip just low enough (~50%) to cause the HDHomeRun to stop the stream.

I don't know if there is a troubleshooting thread or FAQ, but if there is, I hope this is in there.

Thanks!

server-63629010348.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-d04d6c10-7f1d-4fc3-a331-45f0763dabd7.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-c5cb2817-bfbf-4c37-959a-3029b1b188c8.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-1bed1453-0a59-4da2-856e-f5575fda0f90.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-9a0a63ac-bdd5-46e6-9038-b658a334483b.txt

Edited by gallatig

hi @@gallatig, is this still an issue with the latest Emby Server beta? That is 3.2.13.10.

Also, which version of the Roku app? Are you using the new Roku beta app?

Thanks !

gallatig

Hi @@Luke

This particular issue really seemed to be related to the OTA signal strength my HDHomeRuns were receiving.  Once I reoriented the antenna, signal strength is up and these issue have gone away.  Apparent the HDHomeRuns just stop transmitting if the signal drops below a certain level.

As far as the Roku goes, I am running the Beta (not sure of the version) and the server is now up to 3.2.13.10 beta.

In general the Roku Ultra I have is much slower than the older FireTV.  (One of the original non-4K versions.)  I'm thinking of just getting another FireTV and moving the Roku to a less used spot or getting rid of it entirely.

Thanks!

theniteow1

Hi @@Luke

This particular issue really seemed to be related to the OTA signal strength my HDHomeRuns were receiving.  Once I reoriented the antenna, signal strength is up and these issue have gone away.  Apparent the HDHomeRuns just stop transmitting if the signal drops below a certain level.

As far as the Roku goes, I am running the Beta (not sure of the version) and the server is now up to 3.2.13.10 beta.

In general the Roku Ultra I have is much slower than the older FireTV.  (One of the original non-4K versions.)  I'm thinking of just getting another FireTV and moving the Roku to a less used spot or getting rid of it entirely.

Thanks!

Yeah, I've given up on Roku, I think the FireTV is the way to go.  I've really had no issues with them.

• Like 1

maegibbons

I agree. I flirted with Roku and even the new beta but my "go to" client is the Fire TV  with the MI Xioma ATV box a close 2nd.

Krs

Mark

• Like 1