Emby freezes after throwing 4 counts of System.Net.WebException during library scan

Dudecake

Dudecake

Hello,

During a library scan Emby encounters a show that is not in TheMovieDb and freezes as result of this. If media playback is started before the error occurs, the playback is unaffected, but Emby does not respond to any other request.

The url Emby tries to access returns: "{"status_code":34,"status_message":"The resource you requested could not be found."}"

2017-04-26 20:26:46.5347 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/find/tt2377452?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&external_source=imdb_id
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.2.13.0
    Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/bin/ffprobe
    Operating system: Unix 4.10.11.1
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    Mono: 4.8.0 (Stable 4.8.0.495/e4a3cf3 Mon Feb 27 08:30:18 UTC 2017)
    Processor count: 4
    Program data path: /var/lib/emby
    Application directory: /usr/lib/emby-server
    System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

emby-exceptions.txt

I notice you've chopped up the log a bit. can you please attach the complete log? thanks !

Dudecake

hi @@Dudecake, is this still an issue?

Yes, i have not found I solution or workaround other than not scanning the library, and unless playback is started before uptime reaches +/- 90 seconds, I can't playback any media. Which is more than slightly annoying...

hi @@Dudecake, can you try 3.2.15 because that will resolve the moviedb errors in your log. I have a feeling though that the actual issue is the image collages because that is always the last log entry. thanks !

Dudecake

hi @@Dudecake, can you try 3.2.15 because that will resolve the moviedb errors in your log. I have a feeling though that the actual issue is the image collages because that is always the last log entry. thanks !

The moviedb errors are indeed resolved, but I'm confused about the absence of any error messages in the logs. The only indication that an error has occured is an entry in the journal saying "No protocol specified" at the same time as the log entry for the image collage. Emby does manage to create 1 image per time it is started, but the resulting image has the same show in every section which i don't think is the intention. After the log entry that emby completed the creation of an image collage it exited with code 24, which is the only I've had since the first occurence if this issue.

emby-server-exit-3.2.15.2.txt

emby-server-fail-3.2.15.2.txt

Edited by Dudecake

• 4 weeks later...
Dudecake

It seems that with mono-5.0 and emby-server-3.2.17<= the error is fixed, but I haven't used emby a lot since emby-3.2.15.2.