commad line

srgsng25

srgsng25

i am working with our media server and implementing "PSExec" as a way to remote startup or restart the server 

we have ran into a issue with windows 10 doing random reboots after updates and what not

chef

The server should be accessible through clients to tigger an update. It is also able to run on startup, so I'm not sure why PSExec is needed to trigger updates or restarts?

Could you not just have an admin account on the server which handles this sort of thing.

You can hide the admin account from the login page and manually login if you didn't want it there.

Edited by chef

Sorry I don't quite understand. Is there a question or issue you're trying to report? Thanks !

srgsng25

sorry i should explain there are times when i am at work or sitting upstairs that i want to watch a movie and we have found that the server has been restated  IE... Windows updates or upgrades and the server is not running we do have run server at startup checked but it still need that initial user login to do so either via Remote desktop session or me actually manual logging in at the server rack.

what i was curious if there is a better way to autostart or remote start

If you setup Windows to auto login the proper user, then the server will auto-start on a reboot as well.

chef

Oh, so windows doesn't choose a user and load the desktop, it waits for signin.

Is there a way to load directly to a user account besides using something like PSExec?

Maybe a user who have limited administrator settings that could initialize the emby server and doesn't have a password so it would automatically login from boot?

What if emby was running as a service? Have you tried that? Then I believe emby would start dispite the lack of user credentials to login to the account. I think....

Edit: Eric beat me to it lol!

Edited by chef

naeonline

You can also create a scheduled task to launch emby service as the user you want and at startup while not requiring a login.